5 button remote: programmed but won't change channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

5 button remote: programmed but won't change channels

Hi,

I just ungraded to the Nextbox with PVR.  I have gone through the programming for  my remote and it properly goes through all of the steps.  When I turn the t.v. on in the morning I can change the channels with the remote.  As the day progresses and I turn the tv back on later, the remote will not work and I cannot change the channels.  I have tried to reprogram it and spend more time fighting with the remote than I want to.   Help!!

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 5 button remote: programmed but won't change channels

make sure that when you are chaging the channels the right device is in context- for example when you press the buttons the "CBL "should light up. if no just make sure you press cbl before changing the channel.

I'm an Enthusiast

What's the CBL?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

CBL button on the top of the full digital remote, not sure if the dta remote has it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

dta does not have modes, its more of a stripped down bare bones remote, only controls the cbl box and the power and volume keys controls the tv set. thats it. dta50 will always be in "CBL" mode, where the other universal remotes need to make sure the CX presses the CBL button to control the rogers CABLE box, CBL = CABLE

I've Been Here Awhile

CBL means cable

I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the same problem and had returned the remote - have the same problem with new remote!

- let me know if someone has a solution to this 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

If you have a second box in the house, try to change the channels on it. If it is not a problem with the remote, it might be a problem with interference or the box itself. Try moving the box away from the front of the TV. Both LCDs and plasma TVs throw off some IR which might interfere with the remote's frequencies. Certain kinds of light bulbs can do the same thing so try changing the channels with the lights off and see if that helps. Also, as we have seen others report on this forum, some glass stands affect the IR signal as well. Moving the box should at least help to eliminate these as possibilities or it will show that these are the causes. You can also try pulling the box out a bit forward, turning off the lights and the TV, and then changing channels.
If none of these pinpoint the issue, you may want to change the box if it is still under warranty. The IR pickup might be faulty.