$5 added to phone bill due to canadian dollar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: $5 added to phone bill due to canadian dollar

Hello @Trustin

Again show me that Bell has faster Internet speeds?. I was with them and I didn't see it. Although they use Fibe which some places have it is very different then Rogers Internet. This isn't a war who has faster Internet. You came here asking what's going on with the $5 Increase which we all told u what is about.

Rogers employees can come in and make comments on their own and it doesn't represent the company.

Let's keep it civil in here and calm down all of us. As u know the $5 is added ontop for new customers or anyone getting a in line plan. I haven't seen my bill raise by $5. So either you are new or changed to another plan which caused it. You can switch to Bell but remember they can do the same. So don't complain then if they do it. No one is forcing you to stay. You can vote with your money and leave but again Bell does the same thing. So leave Rogers for Bell in my mind is kinda wrong but whatever floats your boat! 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The coment on the wireless speed and better coverage was in respond to the comment Rogers has supier service You can google indepented test done which shows bell is faster and has better coverage. But your right lets stay on topic The canadian dollar gone up agian today so at what point does dollar need to drop too before the rate goes up and what point does the dollar need to reach before we get a rebate . I think its good thAt a rogers employee reads and comments on this forum. Maybe he can answer how low and high the dollar needs to be. Yes this affects new customer But you no wounder how the dollar affect your cell bill.I know books fruit vegtables are affected but cell wave no This is a money grab fee just like extra for calling 911
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trustin

Did you hear why the Bell CEO said this week?. He warns that the weak Canadian Dollar will force smartphone prices to rise. So even he admitted that the prices of devices will rise because of the weak Canadian dollar. Link is posted below.

The fact is that the Canadian dollar is going so low that even grocery stores are having a affect by it and raising their prices as well. They said the same. So think whatever you like that u think but remember if Rogers raises the prices on devices, look back at this thread and see that Bell CEO said this will happen.

You won't get a rebate or a cheque in the mail if the Canadian dollar raises. That will never happen with any company. Just making that clear.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/02/05/bell-ceo-warns-that-the-weak-canadian-dollar-will-force-smartphone...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I know this but the dolar been going up so this excuses cannot be uesd no more.  I know the price of some commoditess go up AND down due to the dollar and gas prices but they go up but also down. This 5$ fee justs if it was really because of the low dollar it go up and down. The dollar is 0.72cents today, at what point does the dollar affect the cell rates this is what I want to know.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trustin

No one is using this "excuse". It's happening with EVEYONE which u fail to notice. All companies are starting to raise their prices and same with carriers. Bell is doing the same and complaining won't do much sadly. Believe me i know. Complain to the CRTC, Office of the President and them. Those are the ways to voice your complaints as yes the forums are great but don't really get noticed.

They won't give you that answer unfortunately. That's something internal unless they are allowed publicly to make comments about it.
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

The price increase is apparently happening due to the low dollar and the poor economy, but there's no answer as to exactly how high or low the dollar needs to be. At least nothing you're going to get from anyone here, and certainly not a random employee posting on the forums. 

All goods and services are affected by the economy, and as already stated, other companies are having to raise their costs to combat the fact the dollar is not high right now.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can someone please explain the Rogers Monthly Service Fee, why I've been getting the $5 savings in 2015, and why I'm not saving it anymore since the end of 2015?

If I'm not saving it anymore why is it not showing up as a Monthly Service Fee on my bill? Why is it hidden?

Is it because of changes to my contract, or is it because of the changes to the 3 year contract rule. 

Thanks.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This is ridiculous. $4.00 extra on my Tv and $3.00 extra on my internet for no reason at all. If I wasn't already getting a deal, I would cancel my cable tv. My deal expires in June so if I don't get it again, it will be bye bye cable tv.

Who watches TV these days anyway? There's nothing on and their on demand is slow and doesn't work half the time. These price increases make me want Rogers less and less.

I basically only have cable to watch soccer, but more often than not, the sports channels are polluted with hockey. I hate hockey! So there isn't much of a reason to even keep those.

Netflix has quality programing and there are a few quality online soccer packages for about $10.00 a month. Those 2 services are sounding very very atractive rigth now.

You're loosing more and more customers by the day by doing stuff like this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No not everyone is using this as a reason and yes I know orher companys are foing this in diffrent comodites the diffence is there prices go up and down based in the dollae Rogers price is just going up and not down with the dollar thats the diffrence between a money grab fee and a fee based on the dollar Im also aware that bell is doing the same thing and other carriers are too but im a rogers customer do I go on this forum I dont think wind is doing this but Im not sure I just wanted to bring awarness to this and i think I did .
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Styphelus wrote:

This is ridiculous. $4.00 extra on my Tv and $3.00 extra on my internet for no reason at all. If I wasn't already getting a deal, I would cancel my cable tv. My deal expires in June so if I don't get it again, it will be bye bye cable tv.

Are you serious? Just go to the grocery store and see if you can buy a steak, or cauliflower or a pound of butter for the same price you paid a year ago. That's the way the economy works. Everything is driven by inflation, which is how businesses maintain their profit margins. But, if as you say, there's nothing to watch on TV, then by all means, cut the cord and save your money.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario