$5 added to phone bill due to canadian dollar

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

$5 added to phone bill due to canadian dollar

I like to know how low the canadian dollar need to get at before you can chaege us. The dollar going up today it at 72 cents. Tjis is a scam charge Dont add it to my bill. You have road block already in place to prevent the low dollar to affect your profits your foing this has a money grab

***Edit Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: $5 added to phone bill due to canadian dollar

What $5 charge are you talking about? I havent seen any $5 charge.

All the services are going up a few dollars this year.. across the board.. but thats nothing new.  Normally happens, even when our dollar was good.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trustin

Unfortunately that is incorrect.. It's not because of the Canadian dollar.. If you notice all carriers are doing this.  All services including Cable, Internet and Cellphone plans are going up a couple of dollars this year. Are you sure a discount did not come off which adds another $5 on the plan?. My plan went up by $4 dollars and i am okay with it because I knew about it. I would call into Rogers or have @CommunityHelps look into the account and verify it for you!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, Rogers raising prices is nothing new at all. You can count on it twice a year (expect another one in August) whether you like it or not! I am not sure @Meowmix why you are OK with a price increase just because Rogers informed you, especially when the price increase exceeds the rate of inflation!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @teragram

Thats how it works sadly. I wish they didn't raise it twice a year but again it happens with everyone. I'm not saying I am okay with raising the prices seeing as its going up and up and up but I'm saying I am okay with it as i was told before hand and wasn't a surprise. Thus I could call in and negotiate something with them and since I have a great package, $4 more isn't much for me.. Again this is my own opinion on my OWN plan.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

http://globalnews.ca/news/2480259/rogers-wireless-customers-face-substantial-price-hike-next-month/ Ive never aeen so many people who are ok with there bill rate going up must all be Roger pons making us belive this is ok

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It has nothing about being OK with it.
I am sure, that everyone would want to pay LESS.
But these are at least what rogers says are the cost of doing business.

If you do not like it, you can freely choose to cancel your services.

But you will usually find most providers are within a few $ of each other for similar services.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What ever happend to standing up as a consumer. Telling companys we dont like this . I realky find it strange that on rogers facebook page there are many complains about rogers service fee custoner service but o this form everyone ok with rate increaess dosnt nake sence Yes when my contract is up I wont be a rogers customer My intrnet is not with rogers also

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trustin

To each their own. You can't sit there and say " how can people be okay with it". Some people are and some people aren't.. Again if you don't like it, your choice as a customer has a right to leave or call i am make a complaint about it. As i said in my post. I am okay with it but I also called in as i currently have discounts on my account seeing as i have cable, Internet, smart home and cellphones with Rogers. So i get a discount due to it so the increase won't affect my cable or Internet. Again to each their own and as a customer u do have a right to complain but u can't complain why some are okay with it.

If you also do some research on the Internet you will see most providers if not all do increase plans on all their services once or twice a year.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Trustin

I very much agree with the point you are making regarding price increases. This issue is not so much about a few people being OK with price increases as it is with Rogers increasing prices across the board at amounts which far exceed the rate of inflation and not just once a year, but usually twice a year. It is also about Rogers claiming that these rate increases are necessary so as to continue providing the superior services that they do (I read this on Facebook - really) and to provide additional enhancements to their network when in fact according to a report on Global news, the rate increases are necessary to make up for revenue losses from cord cutters and the upcoming Pic 'n Pay. Yes, you can vote with your dollar and cancel your services as suggested by some, but what is the alternative? As soon as Rogers increases their prices, this will result in Bell putting their prices up because they want to remain "competitive". This is competition in a contolled marketplace where 2-3 major companies share an oligopoly! 

You are also correct about the $5 being added to wireless bills though this applies to new customers. This too was reported by Global news and states the following: The country’s big three mobile providers — Bell, Telus and Rogers — have each hiked prices on monthly contracts by $5 for new customers - a perfect example of competition where all 3 companies coincidentally announce the same price increase. Kudos to you for your post!

http://globalnews.ca/news/2497706/your-next-smartphone-is-about-to-jump-in-price-too-bell-ceo-says/