4 year contract?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

4 year contract?

I'm quite confused as too where to put this question. It's been on my mind for a year now since I got my blackberry. I didn't say anything when I first got it since the guy made my head spin before I signed this contract but now (for the past 6-8 months) I've been frustrated with my delemma.

I had another contract with another phone that had a year left on it. I had to buy out of the contract before I get a new phone like you normally would but when I got the blackberry he told me that he would have to tack on the extra year I did not use the old phone onto the new one. Now I have a 4 year contract with this phone that has now seemed to want to fritz out on me (ex. the battery wont stay charged for longer than half a day, won't actually charge on the charger, apps seem to open without me touching the phone, freezing, ect.) 

Is that even legal what he did? I paid $200 to buy out of my contract, why did he tack on that extra year? This phone will not make it 3 more years, I can tell you that right now if it is doing this kind of wonky-ness. 

I'm so frustrated and I can't seem to be able to do anything about it without having to pay through the nose for a new phone!

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 4 year contract?

That does seem incredibly Odd. I didnt even think the Rogers systems were capable of setting a contract for greater than 36 months. If you still have your original Service agreement i would review that. If not, call rogers and see what is going on and if you really are on a 4 year contract, ask them why, whereas everyone else who does an early upgrade is only resigning for 3.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 4 year contract?

Also check on your myrogers for your cellphone. There should be a spot for where it would be for an early upgrade. This while it will show a $ value, the big thing it should show when the normal contract end is.