4.1.2 S3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: 4.1.2 S3?

Just updated the software and the device is basically unusable. I cannot scroll at all and cannot open apps unless tapped several times. Device was functionally perfectly before update. Help anyone?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nzeidel

Are you able at all to go into the settings & do a factory reset? If you are try that & see. Sometimes it does this when you get a update. You may have to do a factory reset after to make it work.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am able to get into settings but cannot scroll down to opt for the factory reset.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nzeidel

Follow the steps on the link i give you.

http://www.hard-reset.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-hard-reset.html

I've Been Here Awhile

A variation of this happened to me today - I was prompted to download the update but the download got interrupted and never finished. Now my phone thinks that all the latest updates have been installed when they have not...

I'm able to try the Kies method but I'm wondering if someone can tell me if this will be a long process and while I'm sure I know the answer, if the files/information on my phone are at risk? Thanks.

I'm a Regular

Ever since I updated my phone last night (Rogers) it has trouble playing YOUTUBE and Instagram videos! It will play about 2 or 3 videos and then it will give you a consistent error and won't play them. 
YouTube just gives me the "Something went wrong, tap to retry". But it consistently returns with that error. 

Anybody else having video troubles from the recent update? I checked all my apps are up to date too.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Khichen

Have you tried doing a factory reset after the update? Try that and see if it works. Most of the times the phone needs a factory reset to go threw after a update to work.

Also have you tried unistaling them ans install the apps again to see if they work?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a friendly reminder that "threw" is the past tense of throw.
The one you want is "through".

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 in conversation