4.1.2 S3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

4.1.2 S3?

I mean this isnt even on the os upgrade page? any news yet?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 4.1.2 S3?

Hello bokac191919

There is no info in this update yet. Like i have said previously many times, Rogers will either post is on the " OS Upgrade Schedule " or say it to us threw Facebook / Twitter. Not every single small update will be announced and they may just send out the update without no one knowing.
I Plan to Stick Around

i was just reading some forums and stumbled apon news that people using verizon and sprint in the us have gotten the 4.1.2 update a month ago, whats takinng the others so long. never again am i going with android should have stuck with my iphone

I'm a Senior Contributor

Can you tell me what is so important in 4.1.2 that is not in 4.1.1 that you absolutely must have?

I Plan to Stick Around

For me its mostly security reasons, as it has not been updated for a while and there are a few bugs and people that can steal stuff off ur device. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

Hey guess what, your precious iPhone has a security risk as well, and it's far easier to break into an iOS 6 device than it is to break into any Samsung Galaxy S3 or Note 2 right now.  I still see very little reason to be so angry about not having this update for your device.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bokac191919

I can understand what you are saying BUT you need to understand something very simple. AS i explained many times to you before, updates are not going to be pushed out whenever you want it to be. Just because another carrier in the states or Europe has this update, does not mean Samsung Canada has released the update to the Canadian carriers.

In the end, you need to be patient & wait for the update to be released. If you do NOT want to wait, you can root your device & add a customer ROM with the same version you want.
I've Been Around

It doesn't matter whats on the update. I want to have all the latest updates on my phone. period. Rogers and other carriers testing with their software/hardware  , which no one cares except the company. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jaysaen

If you want all that, then go with a Nexus device or the all new S4 type Nexus device that will launching only in the states.

I understand you want all the latest updates and such but its up to Samsung Canada and the carriers to release the update. You may not care about the bloatware and such because you are tech savvy BUT to a average joe they would care. Not everything is about you. The updates wont be pushed out when u want it. For that to happen, contact the CRTC and file a complaint with them
I've Been Here Awhile

Users want 4.12, Rogers. I myself am not looking to returning my loaner Note 2 for my S3 as I am fond of the updates such at multi view.