3G10WVR2 Wifi Boost

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryderfan81
I've Been Around

3G10WVR2 Wifi Boost

Is there a simple way to boost the WIFI signal strength on the Rogers 3G10WVR2 rocket hub?

We have the hub set up in a central area of our family camp site.  There are 3 RV's in the area, the farthest being 40' away, maybe 50'.  The WIFI signal is good in the open areas of the site, but inside the trailers it can be low to none.  Is there a way to boost the WIFI signal, or is this too much to ask in this configuration??

Thanks in advance.

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 3G10WVR2 Wifi Boost

The wifi range on these devices, isnt super great to begin with... lower than even a 3rd party router from what i have mostly heard.

Take a weak signal.. then go through the metal (usualy) in the body of the trailer? Yeah, would likely kill the signal 😞

Only other sort of option, would be to to put a wirless repeater.. somewhere between the hub and the furthest location, to bounce the signal.

Bert
I Plan to Stick Around

@Ryderfan81

I would suggest that you try a POE (power over ethernet) access point such as a Ubiquiti PicoStation M2-HP. They are easy to set up and have a range of up to 1 km. They sell on eBay from $20 for a used unit to up to $80 for new. I’ve been using one of these at the cottage for two years and get a strong signal up to 300 meters in all directions around the house, and also inside even though the access point is installed outside under the soffit. The unit can be set on broadcast or non-broadcast mode for added security.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not a bad idea.. but these require everyone to be on the same 'grid' so to speak, correct?  All in the same 'households' wiring so to speak??

If the 3 camers are on seperate plug ins, could be seperate feeds back to a point and may not be connected together, etc.