3G speeds in Ottawa (Near Tunney's Pasture) very bad during office hours

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

3G speeds in Ottawa (Near Tunney's Pasture) very bad during office hours

Anyone else having major problems with their 3G devices on the Rogers Network in Ottawa.

I am located near Tunney's Pasture and notice that I can lose connection (3G stays on and bars look good) but e-mail, facebook, music streaming all crawl to a halt on and off throughout the day.  (8am-6pm).

I love being with Rogers (As the price is great compared to Bell and Telus) but the services is starting to be equal to the discounted costs.

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 3G speeds in Ottawa (Near Tunney's Pasture) very bad during office hours

Hi,

I have been having the same issue for a few months now.  Here is the link to my post.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/message-id/4346

It has to be the network in Ottawa as I was out in BC for the past 3 weeks on the island and in Vancouver and didn't have any issues the whole time I was there.  Connection never dropped not even once.  It is very frustrating that they blame the device and want us to shell out money and sign a contract for a new device when it isn't the device.  If you want to test your speeds and are on an iphone you can download the speedtest.net app.

Yesterday I did a test at 1:47pm and my speeds were horrible.  Ping was 313 Download was .85Mbps and upload was .14Mbps  How that is 3G speeds beats me. In Vancouver my lowest download speed was 4.28Mbps which is pretty good.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, horrible 3G in Tunney's Pasture.  Phone calls to Rogers are a waste of time.  It just started the past 3 or 4 months.  Before that it was no problem.

Between 8:00 and 4:00 I have to switch to Edge just to get my email even to work.

I've Been Here Awhile

An interesting follup to this...

Yesterday (Family Day - a lot of people took the day off) no problems using 3G.

Today (everyone back to work) 3G is toast.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi PG,

Take a look at this thread:  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/396

I have called rogers on several occasions and they have admitted that it is due to congestion on the network and they are working to put up more towers.  They have given me 50% off my bill for 6 months, so I figure I will give them the 6 months to solve the issue and if it isn't solved I will switch carriers. 

I would keep following up with them and talk to the customer satisfaction people.

Good luck