.....$380 early cancel fee for 10 months left of contract.....

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

.....$380 early cancel fee for 10 months left of contract.....

I have been with Rogers over 10 years now. Have a new baby so since their signal in New Brunswick is youse less I decided to switch one of the 3 phones to bell because they have better service areas.... Over half off my calls with Rogers gets dropped in my

town they get dropped in Saint John I have like 2 bars and if I go in a building I loose service in the capital of the province I get no service at all until 5 mins from the city limits..... So yes i switched one phone to bell. I have a $100 a month Internet pack with Rogers $190 tv 45 house phone still after switching the one phone 140 cell paying close to 550 a month for their services not including business lines.. And they rip me 380 to cancle a 10 month remaining contract on an iPhone 4 upgraded from a iPHone 3 on the 4's release month... Lol this needs to be waived or I will switch all my services to bell not just the one! I did this for the protection of the baby incase their was an accident where Rogers has little to no service in 75% of the province

****Edited Labels****

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: .....$380 early cancel fee for 10 months left of contract.....

Being a father myself, i understand the want for something reliable.

But you did sign a contract, saying you will pay for X many (usualy 36) months.  They gave you hardware as a greatly discounted price.
This cancelation fee, is to recover part of the remaining amount of the cost of the phone that they had provided you, as well as to try and recover some of the money they will not get from your monthly payments any longer.

Unfortunately, this is the exact same, across all the providers.  Even with bell, if you were trying to switch to go to rogers before the end of the contract, you would be paying a similar cancelation fee.  This is standard.

Only way to avoid these things, is to not get into a contract at all.  Pay full price for the phone. then you wont have to pay any cancelations if you have to drop the service.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes but isn't there in their contract anything about providing service? Half of the time I would have to txt msg ppl because they could not hear me or we would keep loosing connection

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No carrier, could guarantee 100% service 100% of the time.

Unless you are in business contracts, there is usualy no SLA on service.. and even at that.. its still not 100% guaranteed.

Best you can do, is call back and ask to escalate it.

You MIGHT be able to get out of the 'cancelation' portion of the contract.  But you would still have to pay for the hardware credit part of it.

I've Been Here Awhile

I called and talked to a supervisor he gave me $100 credit of of the 380 because of the poor signal then we looked further they were trying to charge me for 2 years erly instead of one because of a new phone that was added so he fixed that aswell so with the credit and the change of the wrong contract being used to cancle it the bill is now $140 which is waaay more resonable it pays to give a call and research the stuff this i do not mind paying but $380 for the one year was just uncalled for... ty for your replys and info though

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Always worth more than one call, and escalating it Smiley Happy

Yeah, 140 is not too bad for it, with that time frame.

Hopefuly your signal is better with the other guys, and take good care of that kid Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

ty ty will do she chokes and stops breathing some times and needed the service in case of emergency and losing servervice every 10 feet or not having any at all jsut would not work lol  but its all been fixed now thank god lol seen that lastnight and was like omg lol