3250 HD reboot

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

3250 HD reboot

My 3250 box keeps rebooting several times a day. At first, strange characters appear, then 'HAL2', then 'Boot.' I tried reauthorizing it online and over the phone. A Rogers technician came over but he couldn't figure out what was wrong. He checked the box and the signals were fine. He said that he got calls about the same problem with the same model and changed the box. The problem is, I don't rent and he said that I would have to pay for a new box.

If the problem is with this model, then Rogers or the maker should have a recall. I think it's unfair that I should pay for a new one when either the box was faulty (re, the technician said he got calls about the same problem) from the start or the problem might be from Rogers' signals to this particular box or some software issue.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 3250 HD reboot

Generally all the 3250 set tops will be about the same age...so it is possible  other 3250's are having the same problems as your box.  It could be that these particular models are at the end of their life cycle.

If the set top keeps rebooting I would take it as a faulty box.   

They will never do a recall on a 5 year old box,  they have enough problems with the new boxes...and those are under warranty.  

bitethe bullet and get a new box or rent for the time being.   

I've Been Around

My Box have Same  Problem... It can be fix you just took it Cable Shoppe and they charge $50.00 (included Taxes)

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

could you please help me with location or name of the Cable Shoppe you are used.

I have same issue described by Badger.

Thank you in advance

Mike.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes please give the location of the Cable Shoppie

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for yours replies.

This, what I found and hope will be helpful to other users:

Authorized Repair Centers

Authorized Repair Centers - North America
The Cableshoppe Inc.

(Explorer Settop in & out-of-warranty repair only)

1410 Birchmount Road, Toronto, ON, M1P 2E3 Canada.

Telephone: (416) 293 3634

Fax: (416) 293 5258 Contact: Stan Muthulingam

Email: info@thecableshoppe.com