2nd next box in my room?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

2nd next box in my room?

Hey, so we have the next box 3.0 pvr in the living room where only my parents use it for watching mainly hockey and whatever, now i want a box in my room aswell, and do i need the next box 3.0? or would the nextbox hd terminal work just fine?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: 2nd next box in my room?

Hey there @Macadacious

NextBox HD will just work fine.
If you want the PVR functionality... (record and play back the recording) you can still just get a NextBox HD and request Whole Home PVR; which will in turn network the two boxes and that way you can record and play back from the NextBox HD while it talks to the PVR in the living room to record and play back the recorded files.

The ONLY reason I can think of getting your own NextBox PVR 3.0 is if you want the "Trick Play". Which is the live pause and rewind function (which can be done locally on the PVR but not on a NextBox HD - since it doesn't have a harddrive to locally temporary store live TV feed).

Hope this helps, and please do ask further questions if you want more clarification! Always here to help 🙂

Edit: Oh, and they both are HD Boxes.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Macadacious

A normal HD box should do it!. You don't need the PVR functions unless you really need them. Whole Home PVR is available but a technician will have to come to your home and set it up which the cost is $49.99.
I Plan to Stick Around

I wont need the pvr function because im only watching some shows when i have time other than that my little brother watches wwe, family guy etc. I cant get the box and install it myself?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Macadacious

Then if you don't need that you can always go into a Rogers corporate store and request for a Rogers HD box. They will ask you how many outlets you currently are using and if there is a outlet u can have for free. The box rental agreement will be singed ans on your way with the box. You just have to activate the box if it doesn't work once u get home. That's all!
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

You can definitely install it yourself @Macadacious

As long as there is an available outlet on your account the Rogers Plus Store just needs to add a box.

Once you get home you just need to get it authorized (a Signal sent to it) if you see a "unauthorized" screen; which can be done over the phone menu when you call in.

My recommendation is to call customer service and they can create and order for you and you can walk into a store and have that order completed. (It will be a pick up order not a tech order). This way they can give you details about outlets available and anything else you want to confirm about the account. 🙂

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

would It be easier to walk into a store for the box? I tried calling but the waiting time was more than 30 mintues. what is the outlet?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While you have, say like 5 physical outlets in your house..  this doesnt always equate to what you can have on your account.

There needs to be 'outlets' on the account, so you can register a digital box to it.

It really comes down to what TV package you have.
some of the BASIC TV packages.. only have 1 or so sometimes.

But anything like VIP, etc.. usually can have up to like 6.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think i have digital plus as tv package
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Digital Plus has 4. (Actually So Does VIP) initially. Unless more was added, if it was, you would know because a technician would have came to your home and there would have been a fee involved).
Basic has 1 outlet and any additional outlets (+3 more) would cost you 7.49 monthly since basic package does not cover additional outlets over the first one.

As @Gdkitty stated, what you have physically may not be the same as virtually on the account.

Outlets are a "virtual bucket" for your box serial number to sit on (that's how they activate and work in your address), without it a box (and it's serial number respectfully) can not be added.