*225 shortcut not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

*225 shortcut not working

I just ported over from Fido to Rogers, but I cannot use *225 to check my account balance. All I get is an automated voice saying, "Thank You" and it keeps repeating itself until I disconnect the call. The *225 service works fine on another phone, and the same service had no problems when I was with Fido. I'm using an old Blackberry Bold on Pay-As-You-Go if that makes any difference.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: *225 shortcut not working

how long ago did you port it over?  It may take 24-48 hours for the account to settle in and be viewable.

I've Been Here Awhile

It's been about a week ago (last Tuesday) since I've ported my number over.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm. would think it would have fully ported by then.. account and all, etc.
Only thing i could think would be if its in the MIDDLE of a billing cycle, etc maybe?

Best would be to give a call.. they may be able to prod the systems back end and see if anything is up from that way.

I've Been Around

My pay as you go *225 is doing the same thing.

I've Been Around

I have the same problem.  I cannot see my balance anymore. I'm just hearing "Thank You" over and over again.. This doesn't happen until last week.. Last week it's still ok so  think it is not my phone's problem.   What could possily cause it? Is it just a new incident by roger's system malfunction?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wow, yeah guessing it is system wide.

You will want to call into the pay as you go support line, and inform them. Each of you should do this, more reporting it more likely it will get looked at.

I've Been Around

I just called. Apparently it is a Rogers wide thing that happened since last week. They said that they are working on the problem and that they don't expect it to be fixed until a "couple of days". You can still check your balance with the *611 function (takes a little longer) or you can check with the website if you've registered.

This happened to my mom's phone, so i hope this helps out several thousands of people.

I've Been Around

*225not available for doro phones anytime,tThis was confirmed by Rogers ..