cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 Wireless Home Phone versus Wireless Cell Phone

PCao
I Plan to Stick Around

I am just curious about the 2 options: Wireless Home Phone (WHP) and Wireless Cell Phone (WCP). The Wireless Home Phone plan is only $30/month for Unlimited Canada-wide Calling. The WHP uses Rogers wireless network, so does the WCP, so I assume they both use the same kind of wireless technology (I might be wrong).

Rogers does not have the following plan, but if it does, Unlimited Canada-wide Calling for WCP would likely cost 10 times more, which is $300/month. Why is that ?

Unlike a WCP device, I know it would be cumbersome to carry around the WHP equipment (handset, Rogers portable WHP device & charger), but still, why would the WCP plan (unlimited calling) be much much more expensive than the WHP plan (unlimited calling) ?

Thanks for clarifying.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2016 Wireless Home Phone versus Wireless Cell Phone

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @PCao!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community Forums,

Wireless Home Phone and Wireless Cell Phone are both wireless cellular technology.

To give you a little bit of information about the services. Both plans have in-market Canadian long distance available. Their pricing are not related because they are two different products.

In fact, if you have a Share Everything / Share Everything Plus plan for Wireless Cellphone, you can add Wireless Home Phone for $13 dollars instead of stand alone $30.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: 2016 Wireless Home Phone versus Wireless Cell Phone

RogersShakir
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @PCao!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community Forums,

Wireless Home Phone and Wireless Cell Phone are both wireless cellular technology.

To give you a little bit of information about the services. Both plans have in-market Canadian long distance available. Their pricing are not related because they are two different products.

In fact, if you have a Share Everything / Share Everything Plus plan for Wireless Cellphone, you can add Wireless Home Phone for $13 dollars instead of stand alone $30.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation