20 MB download limit

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

20 MB download limit

Rogers only allows 20mb file downloads on 3g network. Why should they limit us if I pay for a 5 GB plan?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: 20 MB download limit

I think this stems from a deal Apple and AT&T had when the iPhone came out. Rogers just setup the same rules when they got the iPhone and it hasn't changed since.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Boycott wrote:
Rogers only allows 20mb file downloads on 3g network. Why should they limit us if I pay for a 5 GB plan?

What?! That's the craziest thing I ever heard. I didn't know there was a limit (granted, I don't have an Iphone.)

Although I'm glad they dont' have that limit across all devices, it's that exact inconsistancy that makes it twice as ridiculous. That would drive me nuts, if I was limited by that.

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Hi Boycott,

Are you referring to an email attachement? There is no file size download limit.

Many of the App Store apps can be well over 20mb. It would cause many issues if we set a file size limit.

What is the error message you are getting? Have you tried switching the device off and on?

I've Been Here Awhile

I to have this same problem. I have a new iPhone 4s and I am not able to download apps over 20mb while on Rogers new 4g network in Flin Flon, MB. What's the point of paying for all this data if I can't use it for what I want.
I Plan to Stick Around

There is indeed a 20mb download limit over the 3g network however this seems to be Apple enforced rather then Rogers.  You are required to connect to wifi regardless of which carrier you are using.

Cheers,

Howatt

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

seems like its more of a hardware limitation than a provider limitation.  rogers provides more than 20mb, the apple phone is allowing only 20mb a day? then there must be a way to turn it off, im surprised this was not know or told to customers when they bought the phone cus it would easily impact their sales

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, I should clarify.

The phone allows more then 20mb / day.

What it doesn't allow is downloading an application from the Apple App Store that is more then 20mb in size. If you attempt to do so the phone will ask you to connect to wifi to complete the download.

You could however download as many apps that are <20mb in the run of a day as you want.

Cheers,
Howatt