$2 paper billing, useless site links

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

$2 paper billing, useless site links

I've been trying to switch to paperless billing online, but clicking the link to "go paperless" takes me to a page like this:

"Online Billing

Go Paperless! View and pay your bills online.

Questions about your Online Billing service? Find the answers in our FAQs"

The FAQ has nothing to do with switching to paperless. http://www.rogers.com/onlinebilling is useless too.

Can you actually switch to paperless through your account online? It says I have online billing already, but it still says I'm paper. I've spent too much time calling support this year. I want to avoid more of it. I'm not a happy customer.

I am hesitant to switch to paperless, as I have seen a Rogers employee switch my account number and lose all my billing history online (no warning). I also have had issues trying to view an online bill breakdown in the past. But I'm trying to phase out Rogers services.

***edited labels***
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: $2 paper billing, useless site links

I had them switch mine to paperless when I called in for another issue so I can't comment on how/if that link part works.

Everyone when they have their account attached online has online already, the link should just turn off the paper copy as well.

When they switched mine from paper to paperless, I did not loose any billing history. Mine also has detailed billing enabled (shows all calls not just billable), and it was still all there.

The online viewing can be hit and miss sometimes, its a general viewing issue with the whole site. If you are using one browser (like ff or chrome) try ie. I have had very few issues with it with ie.
the online breakdown is different, not always as easy to understand. But right at the top, there is a link for 'download PDF' which allows you to download the exact paper copy that used to get mailed to you.

With the online billing if you have your email preferences set up correctly, they should email you a notification that the new bill is ready.
I would love if with that email they mailed you the PDF as an attachment as well!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

they promised everyone if you have paper billing and not paying for it, you can keep it provided you do not make any changes to your account ie do not change your price plan or do not renew your agreement, guess what they charged the fee anyway and changed their mind, thats very bad business practice, you say one thing and then do something different

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

Can you provide anywhere that they " promised " everyone that if you have paper billing and not paying for it u can keep it. Never seen this and I have been with Rogers since 2003.

Also every company does tricks like that. Why? They are allowed to as you can read on the contracts and everywhere they are allowed to change the prices anytime they wish. Every single company does this. I not only Rogers.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

"Starting today, new Rogers customers or existing customers changing price plans or adding a new line will be given the option of getting a paperless bill or paying a $2 monthly paper invoice fee to receive a paper bill."

"For many existing customers nothing will change. However, if you make a price plan change or add a new line, you will be asked to take advantage of online billing or you can choose to incur a paper invoice fee of $2 per month"

This was quoted from the following URL: http://redboard.rogers.com/tag/2-paper-bill-fee/ 

as well as a message on my bill from a few years ago,  I also CLEARLY remember getting 100% confirmation by a Rogers MANAGER that as longas I keep my wireless service as is, ie not change price plans, or renew, i will keep my paper bill at no cost.

Why promise something if you are going to come out 2 years later and charge people ANY way,   but even the old statement, they nailed you anyway because pretty much everyone will need to renew at some point and change handsets ,so they will say " oh you renewed and got a new handset, let me add the paper bill fee to your line now"   kinda sneaky, kinda like saying oh we wont charge you now but in the future we will charge you when time has past and you forgot about this memo.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Meowmix, you seem to know a lot but how do u not know about this? everyone knew about it, it sparked a huge out rage, actually community forums did not exist back then when this announcement came out.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

I knew that already BUT I never really went on the Rogers Red Board like I have done for the past 2 years.

Yes that is correct BUT as said before. Companies are allowed to change anything they want at any time they want. You can clearly read that in the contract before u sign it.

Exactly. People will do upgrades and get told if they want paper billing or online billing. If they pick paper bill, they get told there is a $2 fee and the rep shows that on the contract and makes them out their initials.

P.S you are wrong about the forums. The community Forums opened up in 2010. I signed up Sept or October 2011. The article was posted August 2011..  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

actually there was 2 community forums, the original one was closed and turned into this one, that is what i meant so i am still correct in my post.

and im allowed to vent,  If a supermarket said no extra costs for purchasing food from us, but there is an "exit fee of 5 dollars" for leaving the store, you would think its rediculous, thats pretty much what rogers is doing.  is it legal, yes, is it dishonest, you bet,  just because they CAN do it does not mean its in good faith, its misleading, its sneaky, it loses the trust in the public, it hurts customers pockets.  i owned a business and know what its like to treat my clients good, most of them came to me becaues of the misleading tactics from the compettion and i stood my ground and went against that, and boy was it rewarding.  you feel good as a business owner knowing you are not gouging people, you sleep better at night, you dont have people making web sites about your stupid misleading tactics or websites because you jack up your rates. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

If you " owned" a business, you know that u need to compete with the other business correct?. Also you company most likely was not as huge as Rogers so comparing the company " owned " by you could have been smaller and not as many customers and reps.

Yes that is correct BUT at the same time, if u wish to complain about money rates and such, the better way to do it is threw the CRTC. They have the right to change Rogers but we all know it will not happen. It seems you have a lot of anger towards Rogers. Did they hurt you too?

Also yes it can lose trust in public BUT look at how many are still with Rogers and every day going with Rogers. many people do NOT read the contracts properly or even pay attention to the fine print. So all in all, the customer is at fault for not doing so as well. Every company will jack their prices up no matter what. We all know this. Supermarkets do this with groceries, dairy, produce and bakery. I work as a manager and I see price changes every month on different products. I can not force the company or the manufacturer to put less prices unless they want too.

Anyways let's stay in topic here as we have gone to far. Let's try to help the OP out here.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's remember to keep the conversation On-Topic and Courteous everyone 🙂

Thanks!

RogersDarrell