2+ hour wait for business internet support.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

2+ hour wait for business internet support.

I don't even know where to begin...this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Last month we got a notice that we were being moved from Shaw to Rogers in the beginning of July. Then we got a robocall saying that had been postponed to an unknown date. Fine. On July 8 we were out and noticed we received a note saying a tech tried to drop off a new modem for us. We called Rogers and they told us the move had been postponed again to another date and they would call us again to set up an appointment to hook up another modem.

Well, they called us several times with robocalls to inform us the date had been moved to some unknown date. By now, we were becoming annoyed with the frequent robocalls.

Well, this morning I got up at 5:30 am to prepare for daily business on the internet. I mean real business as in income generation. My husband lost his job so this is the only source of income we have. The internet was down so I waited a few hours for it to come up since business support was closed.
waited to 9 and internet was still down so I called and waited an hour and a half on hold. Couldn't believe it. Tech picked up and said he needed to send a technician. I explained the importance of having a connection and he said he would send someone out between 11 and 2.

Waited till 2:30 and no one showed up. Called Rogers and waited another HOUR when they told us the tech request hadn't even been put in. I couldn't even believe it!!!! How in the world did that manage to happen? Well, they told us to just come to pick up a new modem which we did.

No static IP instructions were given. The modem given wont even connect to the net. We called again shortly after 4 and were on hold for a bit more than 2 hours. The tech kept putting my husband on hold without asking, is being rude and not helpful.

The tech said he was escalating our ticket and someone would call us back. Didn't give us a time frame. This is a business we are running here. I am in utter dismay as to what the heck is going on. I don't know when this will be resolved but if it isn't before I go to bed tonight I will be looking at alternatives in the morning. I cannot afford to lose anymore income. And I will not be treated with runarounds, incompetence and rudeness while you continue to take hundreds from us a month. PERIOD

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: 2+ hour wait for business internet support.

Tech support was probably slow since they are dealing with so many complaints re slow or no Internet connections for a reason they have not supplied. Check here frequently (and complain) when you have a problem: http://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers

I've been living in the 1990's with my Internet conneciton for a week or more now.

Hope you read this soon since the message will probably be removed some time tonight. Not Pro-Rogers enough!