2 SIM cards for 1 cell number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alsloan
I've Been Here Awhile

2 SIM cards for 1 cell number

In North America is it possible to get 2 SIM cards to support 1 cell number so you can have 2 phones and not have to keep changing the cards Also, what are the implications if both phones are on at the same time?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
BrandonP
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: 2 SIM cards for 1 cell number

I dont beleive this is possible, and if it were its not something offered on Rogers end. The network can only offer and accept tansmission from one sim card with the given account attached to it at a time.

Hypothetically, if there were a way to get 2 sim cards with one phone number working I would imagine that the network could only accept transmission from one card at a time, so no simultanious ring. The card last used would be the one that would receive the incomming call.

View solution in original post

All Replies
BrandonP
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I dont beleive this is possible, and if it were its not something offered on Rogers end. The network can only offer and accept tansmission from one sim card with the given account attached to it at a time.

Hypothetically, if there were a way to get 2 sim cards with one phone number working I would imagine that the network could only accept transmission from one card at a time, so no simultanious ring. The card last used would be the one that would receive the incomming call.

View solution in original post

miketfarrell
I've Been Here Awhile

The only think i can remotely think of is the ALS service at rogers. It allows you to have 2 lines on one sim, but its not available for every phone, but its not possible to have 2 sims for the same number. 

Winterpeg
I've Been Around

I am trying to get an answer to the question: Can I have 2 phones with the same number?

Thanks

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, no.

From my understanding on how it works.. is when the calls comes in to that #, it then has to route it out to a connected device... it doesnt know how to look at two different ones, how to deal with each one answering, etc.