1308 update for 920?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 1308 update for 920?

I just installed the update. Everything looks fine. Fingers crossed.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Just installed it on my Lumia 920. Works fine and nothing so far. I do not use the phone but hopefully nothing is wrong with the update!.
I Plan to Stick Around

anyone else confirm they now have a static IP option in Settings>WiFi?
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup got it..

Wi-Fi networking
advanced
"STATIC IP"
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup, I've got "static ip" as an option now too.

Side note....and this might not even be related to the 1308 update at all but i just tried to send a few mms picture messages to my girlfriend (she also has a 920) and she couldn't open them.  Small files too (181 kb).

Anybody else having this issue or have any suggestions?

We've shared picture messages before so I don't think there is anything wrong with our apn settings or whatever.....

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm....hopefully it's just a rogers issue but right after I posted the previous message my cellular connection dropped...checked cellular settings "no network found"......toggled airplane mode on and off and then cellular was back up.

Anybody else having weird issues like this today??
I've Been Around

I'm having connectivity issues as well.  I usually get 2 bars LTE from my office.  I only randomly get E/3G/4G, 3G and 4G I get 2 bars, E I get 3 bars.  I occasionally get LTE 1 bar.  Please let me know if anyone else is having connectivity issues.

I'm Here A Lot

I have installed the update and it went fine for me. I stopped using the lumia as my primary device because for several reasons, so I cannot confirm any issues with cellular network, but here in Langley BC, Rogers coverage is pretty crappy to begin with. best 4g i've seen is 2 bars, and never LTE (unless it only says 4g and not LTE - dunno?)

My issues with the storage check... it doesn't seem to actually clear any of the  "other" storage as advertised. only new option seems to be to clear out the temporary files, which is fine, but that isnot what makes up the  "other storage".

I have 292 in temp files in the storage check setting, and 2.38 GB in other storage when looking in the "phone storage" setting.

also I can't seem to clear the 292 MB in temp files for whatever reason.. even after power down and power on, it doesnt seem to do anything when pressing the "clear" button. it actually increased by 1 mb after restarting the phone.

in the storage check it tells me I have 921 MB in "other storage", and in the "phone storage" setting, it shows other storage as 2.38 GB.

have a look at teh screenshots for yourself...

http://s22.postimg.org/9q95tl4ox/wp_ss_20130417_0001.png

http://s8.postimg.org/pl3lf3kn9/wp_ss_20130417_0002.png

http://s23.postimg.org/ocik0sv0r/wp_ss_20130417_0003.png

..so to summarize..

still can't clear other storage

temporary files not being deleted

storage check and phone storage app/settings report different amounts of data used

I Plan to Stick Around

My data connectivity issue remains........hoping nokia releases a fix soon.  Why did Rogers release this wonky update in the first place??  I thought the reason updates don't always get released right away is because Rogers tests them first......

I've Been Here Awhile

Ever since I updated my Lumia 920 with the 1308 patch, I have been having the connectivity issues as well.  These connectivity issues are annoying because my reception is precisely as Berries described in his/her post.  My LTE bars were consistenly full prior to the 1308 update.  I really hope the 1314 update will be released by ROGERS soon and that it will correct these issues.