12 weeks for an iphone 4S

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: 12 weeks for an iphone 4S

I called both Apple and Rogers customer service and here are the facts (some of this may be repitition of what other people have said but here goes):

Apple only sells unlocked phones in Canada.  You can reserve online, pick it up at the store and then take it to your carrier's store to get the correct SIM card (if you don't already have one).   That's it.  

Rogers says they are shipping stock to stores for walk-in / upgrade purchase outside of the reservation system, but they cannot give any information as to which stores have/will have stock, how much inventory, or when.  They suggested using the link below to search for stores, checking the "iphone and accessories" and "upgrading my phone" boxes.  I am not sure how helpful that would be, other than getting a list of phone numbers.  I have tried calling stores in my city and they are not answering.  Maybe I've just been unlucky.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=store_locator&customer_type=Residentia...

As I would like to save $$$ on the handset and don't mind the 3 year commitment, I will stay wiith Rogers, so the Apple option is out.  I am going to stay in line, maybe wander into a couple of Rogers dealers, and check out places like Future Shop to see if they have stock.  When I get the time, that is 🙂

Hope this helps.  Good luck, fellow purchasers!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

What are you talking about. Apple store in Eatons center, Yorkdale & Fairview here in Toronto sells them under a contract as well.. You need to call the stores. .... Here is also proof that you are wrong from the apple Canada website as well.

"

Reserve iPhone 4S for pickup at the Apple Retail Store.

Reserve iPhone 4S from 9:00 p.m. tonight. Available unlocked or with a carrier contract (both upgrades and new activations) for in-store pick up tomorrow. iPhone 4S with a carrier contract is also available at the Apple Store for walk-in purchase on a first-come, first-serve basis." 

http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/how-to-buy/

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A little politeness would go a long way, MeoMix, don't shoot the messenger! I am just repeating what Apple Canada told me. As I am not in Ontario those stores are no use to me, but if what you are saying is correct, it's a strange scenario indeed.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I am being polite lol. This is for every province. Even the states has the same thing. Apple Canada barely reads what the website says. They need to look at the website more often lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

All is forgiven. I honestly don't know what to believe now. I had seen and tried to use that link before but the handsets always showed unavailable so I couldn't take it any further. Have you yourself actually seen contract phones in the stores or are you just working from what you see online? Just curious.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Like i said before you need to reserve a iPhone from Apple online AFTER 9PM!!!!!. Yes i did it thise way & i got mine the next day from the apple store & did my hardware upgrade at the apple store as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I'll give that a try tonight and see what happens. If it works, I have no idea what the guy at Apple Canada was talking about because he specifically said they couldn't do hardware upgrades in their stores nor anything else to do with the carriers e.g issue SIM cards.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Apple stores have ALWAYS been able to go hardware upgrades & new activations.. That guy either was new or did not know what the stores do.. He is wrong tho. If you call your local Apple store they will say the same as me & what the website says.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Cheers. Worth a try!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

hey does it matter what time zone we in? about the 9PM thing.