$12 a month for 'free' advanced wifi modem rental?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

$12 a month for 'free' advanced wifi modem rental?

I've had the hybrid 50mb service for almost 2 months now, and when I ordered it, it was supposed to include free advanced wifi modem rental. Today while looking over my bill, I noticed a 12 dollar charge for modem rental. Why am I being charged 12 bucks a month for something that's free? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: $12 a month for 'free' advanced wifi modem rental?

Being a 50mbps plan.. guessing you are on east coast?

The modem rental.. should be 'free' so to speak in the end.

Its the way the line items have to be done, to SHOW the rental is there.

Your plan, is suposed to be... 56.99 / Month, correct?

I am guessing your bill looks something like the following?

Advanced modem rental.....................$12.00

Hybrid 50 plan.....................................$44.99

COMBINED, they should equal, the pricing for that package, listed on the website.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The way it works is that Rogers Hybrid Fibre plans include modem rental in its advertised price. You will still see a modem rental fee on your bill, but plan price will be 12 dollars less.

For example, I have Hybrid Fibre 60 Unlimited for $94.99

My bill shows:

1. Unlimited Hybrid Fibre 60 - $82.99
2. Advanced Wi-Fi Modem Rental - $12.00
I'm an Advisor

@Infinitrium wrote:

I've had the hybrid 50mb service for almost 2 months now, and when I ordered it, it was supposed to include free advanced wifi modem rental. Today while looking over my bill, I noticed a 12 dollar charge for modem rental. Why am I being charged 12 bucks a month for something that's free? 

Technically, the quoted prices include modem rental, but modem rental is not free, as others have pointed out. Your Rogers bill breaks down the charges...

If they don't add up to the advertised amount, then call Rogers...

(This is actually good - it means if you buy a CGN3 you will save $12/month...)

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation