1056b01 remote: how to make CBL + PWR affect only PVR, not TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s4mcd
I Plan to Stick Around

1056b01 remote: how to make CBL + PWR affect only PVR, not TV

CBL + PWR turns both TV and CBL on or off, but the boxes get out of sync. Older remotes allowed code 998 so that only PVR is affected. I want this feature on 1056b01 but cannot find any doc on it. (998 didn't work.)

***Edited labels***

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 1056b01 remote: how to make CBL + PWR affect only PVR, not TV

there was no code, when ever your tv and stb are out of synch, simply press the "TV" button on the rodgers remote, it turns the remote into TV ONLY, thus only turning on and off the TV, that way you can EASILY CHECK, if the cable box is ON or off, and MATCH the Synch of it,  its not ment to simply press all buttons possible and hope it works.  so if the cable box is on and the tv is off, press tV then Power, so both the tv nd cable box are on,  THEN dont forget to press "CBL" when ur done cus u dont want this problem AGAIN NO?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sometimes i run into the other.. that the TV is off, and the cable box is on..  (moved the remote to fast, cable box didnt get the signal. etc)

Rather than turning the TV on again, then turn both off.. i will often just hit the CBL button.. which turns the box off, then move the remote away from the TV so it doesnt get the signal to change.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

my father puts his hand over the ir sensor to get it back in synch again

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I found they got out of synch if I didn't point the remote properly, but more often if I didn't keep it pointed long enough until both the TV and PVR turned on. If one fails to turn on, I usually try to shield the remote beam from the one that did and try again. Since I have the TV remote handy all the time to change the picture shape whenever necessary, I can also use that to turn just the TV on or off.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

i just walk over tothe PVR and press the Power button on it to match the TV's power status.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

^^^ That.  It never occered to me to try anything else.  Smiley LOL

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mine is behind a glass door. More work to open it up to press the button 😛

s4mcd
I Plan to Stick Around

So the answer is a workaround, not a solution. Sad when things get worse over time (like the Rogers PVR user interface, but I digress). I will have to check the model numbers of my remotes at home. I have two of them and they turn PVR on/off without affecting TV. Same Nextbox units so I would have thought remotes would be the same.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

The solution is to aim the remote so it's seen by both the TV and the PVR and hold it steady until both units respond. I first discovered this when only one unit switched when I was sloppy and put down the remote, then found them out of synch. With some setups the either the TV or PVR react slower.

The workaround is when they accidentally get out of synch.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario