unwanted text messages...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: unwanted text messages...

Yes that may have worked before

BUT they have gotten smart and there txt phone numbers are showing up now with only 9 digits

ex: 222220000,333330001

How do we block these numbers now , your web site for text blocking only accepts 10 digit numbers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

they are smart because they are not using the SMS protocol to send you those messages. They show up as a 9 digit number because they are sending the spam messages to you via email, they are spamming your phonenumber@sms.rogers.com or phonenumber@pcs.rogers.com address. when anything is sent to those emails, rogers converts it into an sms and generates the number then sends it to your phone because it would be impossible to send it to your sms inbox without it containing a valid number.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am now getting continuous spam texts.  I have tried blocking one and then they change the number slightly.  Is there anything more effective I can do?

I've Been Here Awhile

This doesn't work; the sending changes the number and sends another spam text. Blocking the number isn't really working.
I'm Here A Lot

Called Rogers for opt out junk text message to 505-0 and get charged for 45¢ for international test message.

Hi @kslui,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience, and my apologies for the delayed response. 

I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected charge. If you'd like us to look into this further for you, please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps.  If you're not familiar with this process, please check out this Blog.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

I've Been Around

I just received a text from 4735 with an attachment. 1. Who is the number attached to and 2. I refuse to open unsolicited attachments. Is there a way of stopping this .
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Whitman58 : One way to help is to forward any spam texts to 7726 (SPAM).  These will then be blocked by Rogers.

Hello @Whitman58!

Thanks for joining us here in the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 😄

I know in this day and age, it can be pretty difficult to know if a communication you are receiving is a legitimate one! When in doubt, it's always a good idea to ask. 👌

We send SMSs from short codes (4-6 digit numbers) instead of 10-digit phone numbers and we reference the URL: rogers.com.

Messages sent from short code '4735' should be legitimate communications from Rogers. I have received text messages from that same short code myself. 

If you prefer not to receive any further marketing communications from Rogers, we can submit the request for you if you send us a Private Message to @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Please note: It may take up to 10 days for your information to be added to the Internal Do Not Call List. Customers may still be contacted during the first 10 days after registering.

Just a friendly reminder when receiving a message from an unknown source: For your own safety and security, please DO NOT click on any links/URL in the messages and do not provide the sender with any personal information. 

If you feel that the message is suspicious and could be possible spam, please forward the content of the SMS to 7726 (SPAM), to register it for investigation and blocking from the Rogers network (as mentioned by @57).

You can also block the sender from sending you future messages by accessing your device's Options/Settings

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

I received a Rogers Code from a number 6507 ? How do I know this is really from Rogers ? And no I had not request any code...

Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats