toggling usage between 2 phones - both have a rogers sim with the same phone number

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

toggling usage between 2 phones - both have a rogers sim with the same phone number

Greetings

Is it possible to toggle usage between 2 phones both of which have a rogers sim with the same phone number? One is a unlocked iphone4 and the other an unlocked iphone6 - only one be would used at a time with the 416 area code number.

The use case is I have a unlocked iphone6 - when I go to the states I use a tmobile 3 buck daily plan with their sim card - so I just remove the rogers sim and insert the tmobile sim. the problem is if anyone called my normal 416 number I would not know - so I was thinking I would just power up an old iphone4 that has it's original rogers sim and same 416 number (which hasn't been used in in a very long time) that way I would know if anyone called.  Would doing that have any sort of negative impact regarding sim associations or anything else I would need to be aware of. 

If the iphone4 had a nano sim it would be a no brainer - just swap the sim temporarily - but it doesn't so 2 different sims are needed

Most people will know my US number when I am away so shouldn't be a major problem- but still nice to see any missed calls in case someone doesn't have that number

Thanks

Dean

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: toggling usage between 2 phones - both have a rogers sim with the same phone number

Sorry but they only allow 1 sim card per phone number so when you got the new namo sim the micro sim is disabled. 

I'm Here A Lot

Re: toggling usage between 2 phones - both have a rogers sim with the same phone number

Thanks for your response - I may just keep my old iphone 5 to accomplish this - but was hoping to use a much older phone for that task.