cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No SIM card installed"

ExcellentMaster
I've been around

I bought an iPhone X recently, and about once or twice a week, it will tell me there's no SIM card installed. It lasts for minutes, sometimes an hour or more, then the phone will be fine for a long time. This last time it's been fine for well over a week but it's doing it again and I'm wondering if I need to replace the stupid thing, which I'm sure I will have to. The SIM card doesn't seem to cause any trouble in my old 6s Plus.

Do I have any reason to hope for a non-replace-my-phone outcome? Thanks in advance.

MP

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: "No SIM card installed"

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@ExcellentMaster wrote:

I bought an iPhone X recently, and about once or twice a week, it will tell me there's no SIM card installed. It lasts for minutes, sometimes an hour or more, then the phone will be fine for a long time. This last time it's been fine for well over a week but it's doing it again and I'm wondering if I need to replace the stupid thing, which I'm sure I will have to. The SIM card doesn't seem to cause any trouble in my old 6s Plus.

Do I have any reason to hope for a non-replace-my-phone outcome? Thanks in advance.

MP

***Added Labels***

@ExcellentMaster

I would swap the SIM card at a Roger store first, if it still does it then swap the iPhone at the Apple store.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi 

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

I too have seen a lot of iPhones X, and newer Iphones  having this issue. the sim cleaning is worth a try if the sim card is clean, some have a plastic film on them, make sure that is not covering your gold contacts. If you still have issues, swapping the sim won't help as we only offer "5230 VoLTE" series sims now, so this could be a waste of time.

I would contact apple, as i have had similar requests over the last 2 weeks. If you try your sim in a different type of phone and it works without issues, I would backup, and DFU restore the phone. (I have tested the same sim in an android phone without any issues).If this fails take it to apple to have them replace the device. Their diagnostics may say the phone is fine, but i found that this intermittant problem comes back after a while.

While I am not saying this happens to all iPhones, I have seen it more often recently.

In the end Apple should be able to provide more info on this you can go to http://support.apple.com and search their knowledge base, this should be posted as a topic if more people are reporting it. It may become a recall.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation