new iphone.....

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

new iphone.....

I'm going to upgrade my wife's iphone 4s to a new iphone 6; I get that i need to back up to the cloud and then restore to the new phone, but I just want to verify that I can use the old sim card. back up, change sim card, then restore..... correct??

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Re: new iphone.....

Hey there @tremelman!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Correct and great that you have your back up and restore planned out.

The Sim card however will give you a bit of a snag, since iPhone 4s uses a Micro SIM and iPhone 6 uses a Nano SIM. So you won't be able to just move the SIM card over.

You will need a Nano SIM card for your iPhone 6, during an hardware upgrade the dedicated SIM card will come with it. Normally a Multi-SIM is provided.

Also remember, iOS back up does not back up any data stored in SIM cards. That has to be manually transferred.

Types-of-sim-card.jpg

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I'm an Advisor

@tremelman wrote:

I'm going to upgrade my wife's iphone 4s to a new iphone 6; I get that i need to back up to the cloud and then restore to the new phone, but I just want to verify that I can use the old sim card. back up, change sim card, then restore..... correct??

*** Edited Labels ***

@tremelman

You might want to consider the new iPhone SE, which is available as of today from Apple. I assume it will be offered by Rogers any day now, but don't know for sure. I'm taking a serious look at it as I also have a 4S which I bought in Oct. 2011. I like many of the features on the new phones, but don't like the large sizes of the 6 series. The SE has a slightly larger screen than the 4S, which appeals to me.

I'm an Advisor

Just want to confirm that Rogers has the new iPhone SE on sale. The 64GB version starts at $229, depending on the wireless plan you select.