myRogers Usage vs Rogers System

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

myRogers Usage vs Rogers System

So I just recieved a txt message that I have incurred $30 in overage fees. I have been monitoring usage and I only have 308 MB in myRgers but when I called Rogers they show 2.75GB! See screenshot.

Has anyone ever run into this kind of descrepancy?  I asked the agent to put a note on my account about it so once the invoice is generated I can call in about the overages.

IMG_7375.PNG

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: myRogers Usage vs Rogers System

Hi @hansm0leman

The usage showing in MyRogers is not reflected of usage in last 12 hours.

Have you been using some apps that require more data recently? Are you sure you're on WiFi at al times where available?

@RogersPrasana

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply. Yes, i know if the 12 hr delay.

I believe what has happened is there is a bug with the usage tracker when you use your rogers reward to purchase 2GB additional data. I think it's all confused.

My hunch is that the online myRogers tracker is only showing the usage from the time the Rogers Rewards addon expired.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hansm0leman

There currently is an issue with the 2GB Data Add On which we are aware of and correcting as we speak. It has to do with “order of consumption”.

Basically, when you add the reward, you will continue to deplete your data bucket included in your plan before the reward data kicks in and starts getting consumed.  This causes data usage notifications to go out to you the customer (e.g. reaching 75% and 100% of your data usage).  Once your main data bucket has been consumed, the reward data kicks in.

RogersDarrell

I've Been Around

When is one's data usage actually read.  Every time I go on to check...it always says "12 hours ago"!!   At what point is it just an hour ago?  This needs to be far more accurate so I can monitor my  usage more closely.