is it possible to get 4G on iPhone 4s on Rogers network?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

is it possible to get 4G on iPhone 4s on Rogers network?

I was told once before that it was possible to get 4G on iPhone 4s with the right carrier. Right now I think I can only get 3G cause I only have a 3G sim card. but if I was to get a different sim card of what they have now would I get 4G or is the 4s out of hope when it comes to 4G on Rogers network? I know my moms iPhone 5c can get 4G and LTE but just wondered if the 4s can get 4G. Right now on our plan we have a shared plan where we're paying for LTE on both phones.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: is it possible to get 4G on iPhone 4s on Rogers network?

Hello diveman1980

Sadly the iPhone 4S can not get 4G and LTE. There is no chipset that will access those speeds. The only phones from Apple that can are the iPhone 5, iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S.

Even if u get a LTE sim card it will not change anything. The phone it self does not have the antenna and chipset to access higher data.

I'm not sure how that adds up. on Apples web site it states capable of 4G data just not capable of LTE. And I heard of people wth other carriers can get 4G just not LTE. So what is the difference here when it comes to the 4S? How can some other carriers get 4G on it but we can't? I'm not concerned about it not having LTE but Apple does state it will work on 4G.

Just discovered that Meowmix is correct. Sadly I have no idea how I got that info from Apple but I just checked Apples site today and it doesn't have 4G on iPhone 4s. I am sorry if I caused any issues on this. I don't know where people state it has 4G there is just no way the 4s can get 4G. I can get by alright with 3G cause the town I live in has no LTE as of yet. Thank you Meowmix and again I greatly apologize for that mistake.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello diveman1980

No worries man!. We all make mistakes!. The states have their phones showing 4G instead of 3G at times. Thats why it gets confusing.

I've Been Around

Not true.  My iPhone 4S was 4G in the US through AT&T. Now in Canada and it is only offering 3G on Rogers. Point being iPhone 4S can use 4G.  Please fact check before posting.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Estcher

It was correct information last year when it was posted. After a software update Apple pushed threw it made 4G work but only displays 3G. So the information posted above was correct at the time it was posted.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Your phone on AT&T was connecting to HSPA+, which US carriers refer to as 4G, but it is not LTE.

The iPhone 4s does not have an LTE radio so it does not support true 4G, just HSPA+; no software will change this.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AnonymouseUser.

That is correct. Smiley Happy