iphone 5 won't send email wirelessly

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

iphone 5 won't send email wirelessly

iphone 5 won't send email wirelessly but will on cellular. Tells me login or password is wrong.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iphone 5 won't send email wirelessly

Hello Indrid-Cold

Have you tried deleting the email account from the phone & re adding it again to see if it works?

I'm Here A Lot

yes, I spent hours on the phone with Rogers and no luck. I know it's got something to do with the outgoing server settings, but what are they suppose to be?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did you add this one manualy? (enter in the pop/smtp address)
Or via one of the pre-set ones.

ANd is your internet through rogers, or someone else.

I know, SOMETIMES, if you say try to send something via your emails SMTP server, and your not on the internet by that same provider, it wont work.  Not sure if rogers servers are that way.

I'm Here A Lot

I did at first do it automatically but then later changed some of the manual settings. Rogers also verified the settings but I think we're missing something somewhere. Yes, I am with Rogers.

I'm Here A Lot

Can somebody please figure this out?!! I mean, how hard could it be?!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Let me guess this straight. So you can SEND emails via WiFi BUT when connected on Rogers network you get told its the wrong password?

Which network does it do that on? EDGE, 3G OR LTE? Also which email are you using? Gmail, Hotmail or Rogers mail?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think ive seen this problem before, what mail server settings are you using for outgoing mail server (smtp)

The problem is when your on cellular, you need to use roger's smtp server and when you are on wi-fi, you need to use your rogers@home e-mail server settings.  now, the server is probaly rejecting the login maybe u need to add the login credentials to the rogers @home outgoing mail server,  please get back to us and let us know what settings you tried so we can furhter assist

I'm Here A Lot

ok, with cellular data turned off and connected to my wireless network at home (rogers) I get username/password error. Right now I have several smtp servers setup but the primary is: smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com user name *****@rogers.com

password:****** Use SSL OFF. Authentication PASSWORD. Server port 25. Server button is on. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

that might be your problem,  your using the smtp server only designed to work for cellular data.   you need to use a different smtp server to send over your wireless network,  so smtp.broadband.rogers.com or something like that. 

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation