iPhone5 unable to get signal since battery replacement yesterday - thoughts?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone5 unable to get signal since battery replacement yesterday - thoughts?

iPhone5 had battert replaced at Apple store yesterday.

Since picking it up, no phone signal available - "searching..."

Rogers said last night, no system issues on their end that they knew of.

WiFi works fine, apps are OK - no (visible) damage done to phone, but they presumably might have fried a circuit accidently when repairing.

So the question is:

- is there any way Rogers can 'reset' my wireless # (or something), to test the signal I'm getting?

I'd like to tell Apple that it's not a Rogers issue, but if the phone is actually fine and just needs a signal boost, want to try that first.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone5 unable to get signal since battery replacement yesterday - thoughts?

Its VERRY unlikely its a rogers issue.

If they only changed the battery, and didnt wipe, etc the phone.. all rogers information, etc should be in there fine, and it picking up a signal, etc.

Does it detect and show ROGERS up at the top at all?

All in all.. sounds like a BAD work that was done at the apple store.  I would take it back there, ASAP

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone5 unable to get signal since battery replacement yesterday - thoughts?

That's what I figure - that Apple messed it up.
But don't know if there's some sort of 'reset' signal that can be send direct to a phone, to test it.

Rogers Employee dannyboi104
Rogers Employee

Hi David!

If you haven't yet, try preforming a network reset. You can do this simply by going into:

Settings > General > Reset > Network Reset

90% of time it fixes any kind of network issue for me. Other then erasing any of your wifi passwords saved into your device, your other data will be kept safe. However if that doesn't work, it's either an issue with your sim card or hardware that's causing the issue. To test your sim card simply take your sim card out of your phone, and swap it with a friends, or visit a Rogers store and have them swap it. If the issue persists with the working new sim card, then it's definitely the hardware and another trip to the apple store is required. If your worried about your warranty, don't. Apple guarantee's their repair/swap for 90 days.

Hope this information helps!