iPhone5 nano sim to iPhone4 micro sim?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

iPhone5 nano sim to iPhone4 micro sim?

Hello, I have just received a new iPhone5 as an xmas present. It is under a new plan and already activated. My child who has the iPhone4 which is currently under his second year of a 3 year plan, would like to use the iPhone5. Is there a way for Rogers to basically swap the information on the sim cards with each other, or do I have to purchase seperate sim (nano and micro) cards?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone5 nano sim to iPhone4 micro sim?

Hello RayMach25

You will need to buy a new Nano Sim card for you child. Then you will need to activate that Nano sim card on your child's line & then they are able to use the iPhone 5. The Nano Sim Card will cost you $9.99+ tax.
I'm Here A Lot

Okay, so then I can just use my new nano sim, transfer that infomation onto his micro sim, and use that as the sim for the iphone4?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RayMach25

No you can not. The Nano sim card is NOT compatible with the iPhone 4/4S. It ONLY works for the iPhone 5. Same goes for the Micro Sim Card.

You will need to get a Nano sim card IF your child wants to use the iPhone 5. If you do not want to buy your child the nano sim card, they will need to stay with the iPhone 4.

Sim cards can NOT be diactivated from one account & reactivated on another line. No sim card is able to do this as the Sim Card is connected to the persons line.

I'm Here A Lot

I think my wording was unclear. What I am basically asking is that if I were to switch phones with him. I take his iPhone 4, he gets my iPhone5; I would need to purchase a nano sim card for him so that he can transfer all his account information from his micro sim card to the nano sim. Up to that part i understand. My next question is that since i will be going to use his iPhone4, would i need to purchase another micro sim card or can i just his old micro sim that is already activated for his iPhone4? (Basically i would transfer my information on MY nano sim onto HIS micro sim AFTER we transferred his micro sim to the nano sim) Sorry if my english is unclear as it is my second language. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RayMach

Like i explained on my last post. Once you activate the Nano Sim Card on his line, his Sim Card will be deactivated which means the Sim card is useless now. It will not work on anyone's line at all. You will need to buy another Micro sim card for your line & activate that on your line to use it on the iPhone 4.

Its okay. As for the info. A Rogers store may be able to help you with that BUT all your info can be saved on iTunes ( sim card included) & then restore the phone that way.
I'm Here A Lot

Ahh i see. One more question for you. Once he gets a chance to upgrade and no longer wants the iPhone5 (give it back to me) is my old nano chip then useless as well (I will have to purchase another nano sim card and cannot reuse it)?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RayMach25

That is correct. If he wants to upgrade to a new phone & give you back the iPhone 5, you will need to buy a new Nano Sim card & activate it on your line again.As explained before. The nano sim card you have now, once you buy a Micro Sim & activate that one, The nano sim card will be garbage. You will no longer be able to use it. You will need to buy another Nano sim when the time comes & activate that one. Once you activate a new sim card on your line, the old one gets deactivated & no longer usefull. Its garbage after.

I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for the help kind sir!

I've Been Around

Just upgraded to a 5 c from a 4s can I activate the new lte sim that Rogers provided? If so how? Also is this possible to do on line?