iPhone - incoming calls go directly to voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone - incoming calls go directly to voicemail

I just ordered a new iPhone 5, and my mother ordered an iPhone 5 as well from last December. Both of our devices are dropping like almost half of all incoming calls, they go straight to voicemail. She already exchanged her device twice, and is on her third device. I just got my phone two days ago and it's dropping calls like crazy. We've already done all the basic steps:

- Hard reset

- Reset carrier

- Turn off "do not disturb" mode

- Restored

Other symptoms:

- Unable to detect wifi or detects very slowly when outside (restaurants etc)

- Cellular signal fluctuates massively. At home I'm sitting at the same spot, sometimes it goes down to 1 bar, sometimes 2 bars, sometimes 3 bars, and rarely 4 bars or above

Since technically we've gone through a total of 4 phones, it can't be a phone problem. So what is going on over at Roger? All the "help" we've received from customer reps are just the same old basic routine, reset your phone etc etc, for the last time, it's not working.

Anyone else having this problem?

By the way, we also have an iPhone 4S in the family. It's working perfectly, no dropped calls whatsoever.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone - incoming calls go directly to voicemail

I am wondering...

When you got the new phones, did you get the LTE sims, etc?  Are they connecting on the LTE network?
Comparatively, the 4s, will only connect on the 3g network... wondering if its a LTE signal issue in your area? Whereas the 3g might be ok?

I beleive you can force it into 3g mode.. worth a try.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well we just got a new nano-sim that the iPhone 5 uses, came with the phone. I thought the phone hardware itself was compatible with LTE, has nothing to do with the sim? We have data turned off so LTE is already automatically off I think... cause there's no option to force LTE off without enabling data.

I'm an Advisor

I've always been under the impression that LTE is data only. When you receive or make voice calls on your iPhone 5, it should switch to 3G automatically. I also have an iPhone 4S and have never had a dropped call. When making or receiving a call, what type of network connection does the phone show?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jimboden

You are correct. When you receive a call or make a call & you are on LTE, LTE will switch off & either go on 4G (H+) or 3G. LTE is just data, no voice.

I've Been Here Awhile

Ok so LTE doesn't seem to be the problem...

I've Been Around

Have you reported this problem to the technical support team of the store where you bought the phone?
The problem might be the hardware

I'm a Reliable Contributor

it maybe a faulty sim card. I know a friend of mine had this same problem. he was just on an iPhone 4 and he had to replace the sim card.

I've Been Here Awhile

If you google the issue it becomes cristal clear that its not the devices, and that !!!if!!! It is the simcard all Rogers nano and microsims are and were faulty as endless amounts of Rogers customers tried to exchange to a new sim. It's also not the phone as it appears on iPhones and samsungs. Rogers, you know that you have network issues, internally I had several of your technicians admitting it, but nobody stands up and officially admits it. I want out of my contract!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wilfart

Actually its not all sim cards as i have had over 10 nano and micro sim cards and never once did i have this issue. It could be some sim cards but not all as you claim.

Second i do agree, if Rogers knows about the issues, why aren't they doing something about it or admit it. It all depends on how many people call in and complain. Most people just go to the store and replace the sim instead of calling in. Some call in and see what is going on. Most reps do not even report issues unless they are big issues.