iPhone free unlock

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iPhone free unlock

Like I said the guy was a scammer.

You never have to give up your phone.

If you ever need it unlocked there are plenty of trustworthy websites if you don't want to do it local.

They just charge ridiculous amounts and since I am cheap I won't pay it.

Phones shouldn't be locked in the first place it's just plain stupid.

I would never buy a locked phone.  Google is awesome with the Nexus series which come unlocked and also with no bloatware.  Then again with Android you can root and unlock any phone.

Shame the CRTC didn't force these guys to make unlocks free.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello KILL

I do agree with you that the CRTC should have put a no fee unlock on the carriers but at this point, all we can do is argue with them.
I Plan to Stick Around

This has been the most entertaining post so far this month

Android Over Apple
I Plan to Stick Around

We truly have a diverse community .... Some people are optimistic and some pessimistic lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello pconeill

lol i must agree with you!.
I Plan to Stick Around

Bottom line?

If we want to unlock our Rogers Iphones that (for example) have finished their contract, can we take it into an apple store or RogersPlus store to have it unlocked?

If so, how long does it take?  is there a cost?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bbtfastback.

To unlock it with Rogers, you can go to any Rogers store or do it over the phone by calling Rogers. You can't do it at the Apple store. You can unlock the device via Rogers after 90 days upgrading or getting the device on the sub price. If u bought the phone outright, you can unlock it right there and then. The cost of unlocking a device with Rogers is $50
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix.

Is there a cost of $50 even if you have finished your 3 year contract with Rogers? I wanted to unlock my Iphone4 that I've had for a family member.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bbtfastback

Yea there is. The cost will be there no matter if u even finished your contract.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks - don't like the answer, but appreciate it! Smiley Frustrated