iPhone free unlock

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: iPhone free unlock

needed to unlock my phone. how do I do this?????

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello charliebrown

Is this a Rogers phone? Do you have a Rogers account? You give little to no information for us to help u...

Anyway to have your phone unlocked via Rogers, you need to have a Rogers wireless account ( active) and have the iMEI number added on the account. Then wait 90 days to unlock it UNLESS you bought it outright.

If you don't have a Rogers wireless account, you ca n unlock ur phone via third party site or any cellphone store which unlocks devices.

Also as a useful tip, always read the thread to see if others have answered your question in the other pages.!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Just want to know if my old Rogers 3GS is eligible for unlock. It might still have a Rogers SIM. I'm a Rogers customer and upgraded a while ago to 5S. I still have the old 3GS. Thx!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello beejum

Please read my above post to get the information you need 🙂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you! Once I have the IMEI do I call Rogers, take it to a Rogers agent, go online?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello beejum

You need to go to you local Rogers store and have them unlock it. Also this IMEI number MUST be on your Rogers wireless account for 90 days. If you bought ur 3GS outright back then, you are eligible to unlock it for $50 right there and then.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well, not according to my local Rogers store! I went in with the phone, found the IMEI and asked to borrow a SIM so I could set up the phone again (it had been restored to factory when I switched to the 5S). They told me to call Rogers. I guess Rogers is unclear on the process..

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello beejum

Over the phone they can't do the unlocking. It must be over the store. The reps either didn't want to help you unlock it or couldn't do it. Contact another store and see if they can do it.

If it's a iPhone you are trying to unlock, the store will unlock it and white list thr phone on Apple's systems. For a iPhone to fully unlock, you need to plug it into iTunes and then do a factory reset. Once that's done iTunes will show u it's factory unlocked.

Every phone has different ways of unlocking.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I just called Rogers and they said it would cost $50 to unlock even if you wait 90 days after putting on the iemi code onto your account.

Can you confirm this?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rareorchid

Yes that is indeed true as per my post above.