iPhone dropping calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone dropping calls

Hello @ratman1,

Thanks for your response. 

If you've already tried reloading software and reset your network settings, I'd recommend reaching out to us to further look into this for you. 

Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps when you have a moment. For more information on our Private Message system, please check out this blog

RogersShaun

I'm a Regular

ratman1, go to the link below and search for Carleton Place. You’ll see there aren’t any towers close by. There is a Bell tower that appears to be a bit closer than the Rogers tower so you “might” get a bit better signal from Bell/Telus. Have you tried either of them (either by using pre-paid to test the service or asking friends/family who might be with Bell/Telus)? It’s difficult to know for sure by just looking at the map but the Rogers tower appears to be too far away to provide adequate coverage to Carleton Place proper. I really don’t think any amount of troubleshooting on your end is going to resolve the problem. Rogers would need to improve coverage by installing a new tower closer to you.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you . I thought that was the case . Yes I have checked with friends with both Telus and Bell . They do not have any issues . Rogers needs to step up or so am switching carriers .
I'm a Regular

I hate to tell you but you’ll be waiting a very long time for a new tower if it’s even in their pipeline. If you know Bell/Telus works, you’re far better off switching, unless of course you’re getting some crazy deal from Rogers. Having said that, if the service isn’t there, it doesn’t really matter how much you might be saving. I was in a similar situation years ago...I switched my line to Telus and never looked back. Never had a single issue with coverage with Telus. And there has been zero improvement from Rogers in our neighbourhood with nothing on their roadmap for 2018. So yeah, if I were you, I would’ve switched long ago.
I'm Here A Lot

Virtually no cell service and continuous call dropping in Carleton Place

I have done absolutely everything to solve my terrible cellular service in Carleton Place . After talking with various individuals I am convinced it is the Rogers Service in Carleton Place . I have done everything from new SIM card , Rogers reset , Apple reset and finally I phone 7 replacement by Apple . I am totally disappointed as I have spent significant time and $$$ to solve a problem that I believe Rogers is aware that exists and have not taken any action to rectify.

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers are selling a service to me that will not work . I have 3 cell phones with Rogers and2 are used for business . My business is suffering as I leave messages with customers and they cannot understand the message due to poor reception. My boss calls me and he either cannot hear me or the call gets dropped . I’m totally fed up .

I'm a Regular

And you haven’t switched providers because...?
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone 6 dropping calls

Every now and rhen my iPhone 6 drops calls I’m thinking of leaving Rogers and trying Telus see if that makes a difference very frustrating

Hello, @Rebelled

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I can imagine how upsetting it can be when the calls drop randomly. We can help diagnose the issue, please answer the following;

Are the calls dropping when you are indoors?

Is the issue happening only at a particular location?

When did the problem start?

How often are the calls dropping?

Are the calls dropping when the phone is connected to LTE?

Are there any other Rogers users impacted at the same location?

Looking forward to your response. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 6 calls coming in and out and sometimes dropping when I am in my house