iPhone dropping calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: iPhone dropping calls

Hi @maff

Please respond to our message from @CommunityHelps to further troubleshoot your issue.

@RogersPrasana

I've Been Around

Try going to settings-cellular-cellular data options-enable LTE-switch to Data Only

I've Been Here Awhile

Lately I can’t make any calls as I either get disconnected from the number that I am dialing, get dropped before I get anybody on line or get put on hold only to be dropped before my call gets attention and or is dealt with due to either technical problems, device malfunction, server short staffed or connection signal issue that I have not heard about
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rudolphtaborsky

Have you tried to factory reset the network on the settings under general? Try that.

Have you tried to contact Rogers via a different phone and see what they can do on their end? Maybe its a issue with the account or the sim card.

Last but not least would be taking the phone to Apple if it still under warranty and explain the situation to them.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes thanks, and apparently the hole area is in a partial blackout.
Got a ticket for the case and will get advised when back in service.
I've Been Around

I recently moved to Rogers wireless and have experienced ‘ call failed’ issues on my IPhone 8 and 8 plus few times in last three weeks. I rarely had this issue with my last service provider for many years. I was using iPhone 6. Is it normal on Rogers network or is it my IPhone 8 issue? Please share your experience and also solution if any,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rsbagwell wrote:

I recently moved to Rogers wireless and have experienced ‘ call failed’ issues on my IPhone 8 and 8 plus few times in last three weeks. I rarely had this issue with my last service provider for many years. I was using iPhone 6. Is it normal on Rogers network or is it my IPhone 8 issue? Please share your experience and also solution if any,

@rsbagwell

Goto Settings -> General -> Reset -> Rest Network Settings. 

Also under Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE for Voice & Data

Also be sure your devices are running the latest firmware:

Settings -> General -> Software Update

Settings -> General -> About: Be sure Carrier Settings are the latest : Rogers 31.0

I'm Here A Lot

Is there an issue with cellular service in the Carleton Place Area? I phone 7 only has 1 bar throughout Carleton Place . Trying to determine if it is the phone or Rogers

Hello @ratman1,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Dropped calls and poor reception can be a frustrating experience. Have you attempted to troubleshoot the area or device using NetworkAid?

NetworkAid is a self-serve tool that you can access via your MyRogers app or Rogers.com to check for wireless outages and coverage types available at specific locations and report an issue with wireless connectivity.

Access either DeviceAid or new NetworkAid from the Help & Support section of your MyRogers app.

Let us know if you need further assistance!

RogersShaun

I'm Here A Lot

Hello Yes . I’m actually using wifi for calls . What’s up with the overall service in Carleton Place ? I have covered every area reset from Rogers , Apple software reload . This is not acceptable . It doesn’t matter where I go in my home I side or out , I get 1 bar .