iPhone dropping calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

iPhone dropping calls

I had my iPhone 4 stolen last June , so I purchased a second (4S)from a Rogers store. Several months ago (4 to be clearer) my phone disconnected on a call while I held it to my ear and automatically began calling or face timing someone else. It kept happening more frequently. I took it to my Rogers rep and they sent it in for repairs. Word came back a few weeks later that it would cost me $185 to fix wasn't covered by the warranty because of the problem. Someone had insinuated it had been dropped. NOT WHILE I OWNED IT! I ended up purchasing a brand new iPhone 5C and guess what? Calls are starting to become disconnected. What is going on? Does anyone know how I can find some sort of compensation?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone dropping calls

Hello Imfedup

You most likely won't be compensated alot but its worth a try to call Rogers retentions and see if they can give u some sort of credit. Don't expect anything big tho..

As for the phone calls, when u switched phones, did u switch the sim card as well?
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone dropping calls

I have a 4s with iOS 7.1.1., and I'm in Vancouver. Yesterday the phone started dropping calls suddenly - it's happened 4 times now. I've never had this problem before. I noticed the signal strength goes downs to two bars when it happens, then quickly restores to full strength. Wifi was enabled everytime. Very frustrating. Any suggestions? I've been holding back on iOS 8 because of slower performance on this older phone, but I'm wondering if running iOS 7 might be related.

Thanks,

Peter

I've Been Here Awhile

FWIW, I disabled my wifi and my internet data is affected, too. It changes from displaying "3G" to "E" to being blank in that part of the screen.

I've Been Around

I had an iPhone 4 for 4 years and not once had an issue with it. I upgraded to the iPhone 6 last July and I am now on my 2nd phone. I keep having the same issues with it. The calls drop frequently, or the person I am talking to tells me they cannot hear me but I can hear them as clear as anything. It also freezes up on me frequently. Any help on this?

I've Been Around

iPhone dropping calls

i've been noticing at exactly an hour and 59 minutes while on a call the call disconnects and i was wondering how come this might be happening

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JulianMckay1

Which device do you own?. My iPhone 6S Plus does this but randomly. Plus mine if i have it on speaker it takes it self off and goes on the earpiece. I rebooted the device and spoke to Apple. It's a known issue for both of our issues.

Have you tried to change the sim or reboot the device?
I've Been Here Awhile

my iPhone 6 has recently started dropping calls. When a person calls me as soon as I answer the call is lost. I have turned my iPhone on and off and it is still happening. Any suggestions?

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @maff,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

Since your iPhone 6 worked on the past and the dropped calls started recently. I would suggest you try resetting the network settings under Home > Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Just keep in mind this will remove Wi-Fi passwords. If you have already tried this option or the issue still persist, please send us a private message to our @CommunityHelps and we'll look further into your issue.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I've Been Here Awhile

resetting the network settings did not work.