cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone carrier settings update 33.1

Felipetoronto
I'm here a lot

Receiver a Rogers update (33.1) on my iphone.

Does anybody knows what's new? Any user facing changes?

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone carrier settings update 33.1

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

allows you to activate cellular service on your apple watch.  That's when the activation system is actually working.  

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

allows you to activate cellular service on your apple watch.  That's when the activation system is actually working.  

Thank you! Makes sense.

dsgdf
I've been here awhile
Removed the ability to choose your carrier also. I can no longer choose Rogers-ext and nownsit without service most of the day.
Sure wish there was a way to revert

rohitparker
I've been around

The option to manually search for networks in iOS 12 has been removed, but is still available on every other carrier I've tested (Bell, TELUS, AT&T). By not having this option, its impossible to use Rogers-EXT. Anyone else experiencing this. No one at Rogers has done anything, even after calling them numerous times.

Hello @rohitparker,

A warm welcome to the Community and thank you for your first post! Smiley Very Happy

We are working with Apple to enable this feature later this year. To ensure the best experience we always recommend using the automatic setting on your device. The automatic setting will connect you to another network when you enter an extended coverage area, and will quickly return to our network when you’re back.

RogersLaura

I have exact same problem. 

If I’m in a weak coverage are I can no longer manually pick “Rogers EXT” from the Carrier menu. That whole menu is gone after iOS 12 on an iPhone. 

I am Truck Driver and it's big problem travel in Canada without option manually change to Rogers EXT.

I hope ROGERS will fix this problem shortly.

In US everything working Perfect I can change AT&T to T Mobile or other Provider without any problem,but in Canada nothing.  

@RogersYasmine I currently have a case open with Apple about this because this is what you guys (Rogers) told me to do when I first called you about this when iOS 12 was released. 

Can you confirm that you guys are working to pro-actively fix this with Apple?  i.e Do I need to keep this case open with Apple or not? They are asking me to do all the annoying things to troubleshoot like install as new, etc... 

Thanks.

Hello @mwh1,

Thanks for your presence in the Community and congratulations on your first post!! 👍

Although we don’t have exact timing to share, we are working with Apple to enable this feature later this year. With this being said, I don't think that having an on-going case active with them is necessary since we know there is currently no way to enable this feature.

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersLaura

stavros1
I've been here awhile
Yes. This is a problem. An advertised feature as part of their service, which I seriously count on, and They are not delivering as advertised with the new iPhone and iOS 12. Works in iPad only. Get it fixed ASAP please, or I will examine our service contract to look for a cause for discount. . There has already been an iOS update where I expected it to be corrected.

stavros1
I've been here awhile

iPhone 7 ios12.01 update still not allowing carrier EXT option between carrier towers.  FEature works fine on iPad.   Will,this be corrected on current 12.1 update?  This loss of your valuable and advertised feature is costing productive here. Please update on the status of this bug. Thanks. 

If, sometimes, you need to manually switch to Rogers EXT in order to get proper coverage DO NOT UPDATE to iOS 12.x You will lose that capability.

I spend my week-ends at the cottage, close to the US border, and my phone automatically switches to AT&T when I'm there. In order to avoid roaming charges, and to be able to use my phone & data, I used to manually switched to ROGERS-EXT and everything was fine until I updated to iOS 12. That capability (confirmed by tech support) is now gone (you can still select a different US-network but not Rogers-EXT). The only fix proposed by tech support was to "downgrade" my phone back to iOS 11... which is an operation not supported by Apple and only do-able by "jailbreaking" your iPhone ! wow ! nice advice !

Basically it means that my contract with Rogers is useless for me when I'm not in the city. My only option now is to switch to Bell.

I'm very disappointed since I had that conversation with customer service a year or two ago and I chose to renew with Rogers because they said I will be able to use EXT when at the cottage. Now they just took that away without notice...

While its definitely something that should be looked into..
And 100% agree that you need to possibly switch carriers.

But this is not Rogers who took this away from you.  Its Apple.
Compared to android, where Rogers does have control over the OS updates pushed out, iOS on Apple devices, Rogers has zero control over.

This should be something taken up with Apple.

dsgdf
I've been here awhile
This is not an Apple issue. This is a Rogers carrier update not iOS update.
It just so happens that Rogers only release Carrie settings 33.1 to iOS 12 users only.

All other carries have iOS 12 and allow selecting which carrier to connect to manually.
My contract ends on the first and I’ll be moving to bell at that time because I currently have 1% signal and cannot make calls most of the day.

Smells
I've been here awhile
Upgrading to iOS 12.1.1 adds back the option to select the network (and disable automatic network selection). Only caveat is you have to sign up for iOS 12.1.1 beta version 3 since Apple hasn’t officially released it yet.

http://beta.apple.com

Plenty of guides on how to go through this process though, and it’s fairly straightforward.

momo1979
I've been here awhile
Hello, I’ve updated my iPhone 7 to the Beta 12.1.1 and the option is still not available....?

momo1979
I've been here awhile
my mistake, it’s there, thanks for the tip!

Schmidi
I've been around
Does Rogers send out regular carrier updates?

dsgdf
I've been here awhile
Just got Rogers 34.1 Update.
Still not fixed.

Smells
I've been here awhile
Carrier update 35.0 includes the fix, but is part of the iOS 12.1.1 (beta) update.

So until iOS 12.1.1 becomes an official update, installing the beta iOS is the only fix I know of.
Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 13 in conversation