cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone called 911 while locked

sheshady
I've been around

My Iphone was sitting on a counter in another room, locked.. I hadn't used it in about 45 mins.. I was in the living room and heard a siren sound. It was my phone saying I had called 911.. how is this possible? Do I have a ghost that dialed 911?

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: iPhone called 911 while locked

RogersZia

Good afternoon @sheshady and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

This sounds just spooky enough in time for Halloween, lol. On a serious note, I would recommend you check your Emergency SOS settings on your device. You can find them under Settings >> Emergency SOS. You may have the Auto Call option turned on.

Hope this helps 🙂!

RogersZia 

smithtaylor
I've been around

The default setting for iPhone X and iPhone 8/8 Plus with iOS 11 has the 'Auto Call' for Emergency SOS turned on. This means that if you hold down the side button and either of the volume buttons and continue holding, the 911 call will be placed automatically.

@smithtaylor wrote:

The default setting for iPhone X and iPhone 8/8 Plus with iOS 11 has the 'Auto Call' for Emergency SOS turned on TellGameStop. This means that if you hold down the side button and either of the volume buttons and continue holding, the 911 call will be placed automatically.

Now its working.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation