cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

writergal
I plan to stick around

I recently had my phone transferred from another family member's name to mine and the voicemail looks different.  When the phone was under the family member's name, my voicemail listed the numbers that called and I was able to listen to the messages without calling in.  There was a play button beside each number.  Now that ownership has changed, I get a keypad.  Is this a package thing? 

Thanks.

****Edited Labels****

44 REPLIES 44

Re: iPhone Visual Voicemail No Longer Offered?

I'm in the same boat. I just upgraded two iPhones today, replacing an iPhone 4s and 5 with two iPhone 6 phones. This required changing to a "Share Everything" plan where I was told the services would be exactly the same, except that my current 2 Gb of data would be upped to 2.5 Gb. But when I checked the phone later, the Visual Voice Mail is gone, and I have to use the keypad to enter my passcode and check for new mail. 

Dial in to check mail? What is this - 1995? 

Hello @duncanmkz

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

Please refer to the message above from @RogersMaude in regards to the visual voicemail feature.

Same applies, if you wish for us to take a look to see if we can add it as a standalone feature on your plan, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps.

Thanks,

RogersSannecia

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

If you guys want Visual Voicemail for the iphone , you have to add the 5$ iPhone value pack! Make sure they add the one for the iPhone and not for generic smartphones.. i added it last night and visual voicemail works well, with my share everything plan.Voicemail go straight in the phone and you have to use the built in app to listen to your voicemail, no dialing needed and no password needed also! Hope that helps, i see people working for Rogers saying it does not excist anymore that's false! It's there it's available and it works.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jay_Starks

Agreed. There is that or a standalone $10 VVM option for the iPhone only.

Before changing to (semi) business plan I had voicemail go directly to my phone (iPhone 6+) and stored there.  This was quite convenient since I could check my phone at any time and not have to deal with the old voicemail system from the 90's.  Now I have to dial in to Rogers voicemail and go through all the prompts - the same system used 20 years ago, and wasn't good even then.  

Why did this change and how do I get back to the voicemail that worked well and was convenient?

I have the value pack - or at least I'm paying for it. Instead of Visual Voicemail it connects me to Rogers voicemail. That's not worth paying for.

And that's on top of Rogers not setting up the account properly when I switched - several times. They really have no idea what they're doing.

Good evening @jwatt_yow,

Thank you for your post!

I'm truly sorry you are feeling this way and would love to help you resolve this matter.

Since it requires access to your account, I will reach out to you via private message, from @CommunityHelps.

Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

Voicemail to text: I get a text message when a voice mail arrives.  It's fairly accurate too.  It's a nice addition, but not what I want, and not what I thought I was paying for.   I want Visual Voicemail.  Rogers, make it work.  If you're not smart enough, find someone who is.

@hooch wrote:

Can you confirm that the addition of the Premium Voicemail-To-Text provides the VV as it was seen when it was correctly called Visual Voicemail for the iPhone for the past 7 years? This was when using the voicemail tab was pressed under the phone heading, a list of voicemails was shown and you were given the option to select which ones to listen to/delete?

The description of "Voicemail-To-Text" Rogers has chosen to use makes it sound like I will get a text message when I get a voicemail. It has left me a little confused, as well as many of the Rogers Reps I have spoken too.

This is for an iPhone 6+.

@RogersMaude wrote:

Good evening @jwatt_yow,

Thank you for your post!

I'm truly sorry you are feeling this way and would love to help you resolve this matter.

Since it requires access to your account, I will reach out to you via private message, from @CommunityHelps.

Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

I would like this problem resolved too.  I would really have liked not to have this problem in the first place though.  I've responded to your PM.

Hello again @jwatt_yow,

Just wanted to follow up with you, on the issue described above.

Has the issue been resolved since you originally posted?

We would greatly appreciate it, if you could update us on the situation, since we reached out to you.

Take care and have a great day!

RogersMaude

wajine
I've been here awhile

I just upgraded to a newer Share Everything plan and the same is happening. I want my VVM back and not have to call into my voicemail. It's been working for the past 5 years why does it need to change and why do none of your employees know that they have to add an iPhone value pack to an iPhone! 

Good evening @wajine,

Thanks for your post & Welcome to the Forums.

Please refer message 21, located on page 3 of this thread, in regards to the iPhone visual voicemail feature.

The value pack in question is not free of charge, and cannot be added without your request/consent.

If you wish for us to see if we can have it added on to your plan, please send a message @CommunityHelps.

Thanks,

RogersMaude

wajine
I've been here awhile
Except I dealt with three separate customer device reps yesterday,None of who could figure out how to do it and claimed its a profile issue. I even specified it very clearly that I wanted the iPhone value pack yet no one could understand the difference. Luckily, I fixed it myself because your customer service is essentially useless.

jucadesousa
I've been here awhile
I’m reading this and it seems the same happened to me. I had my phone in business account since 2013. Visual voicemail always working. Last December I moved it to my personal share everything + and all lines lost visual voicemail. This is really annoying!!! The worst of it all is if Rogers charges more for this and it’s known we all have iPhones why not just inform about this when a change in the plan is happening. I’m really, really annoyed by this.

Hello @jucadesousa,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I can certainly understand your frustration. It's never nice losing access to a feature you enjoyed.

I believe the information you're looking for can be found in post 21 of this thread.  

Have a great weekend!

RogersShaun

jucadesousa
I've been here awhile

Thanks for your reply @RogersShaun, but I wasn't really asking any question and indeed message 21 had the info I was seeking, but my feeling towards Rogers was more like the last sentence of message 22...

StarrWadd
I've been around

Dear Rogers

Help

My husband and I both recently upgraded our iPhones with you.  We used to have visual voicemail - a list of the calls, length of calls, etc etc which was lovely  - now we have to "call in" and enter a password - no visual at all - just listening like I used to back in the 80s on my landline.  No thank you.  How can I get back to the old Visual Voicemail?????

jnardari
I plan to stick around

It’s an add-on. iPhone Visual Voicemail. $7.00

Dimundz88
I plan to stick around

I am being told on chat that Visual Voicemail is no longer offered by rogers. 

I have been paying $7/month, which I find absurd, and am told if I remove it is gone forever. 

Good evening @Dimundz88,

Thank you for your post! I know how useful the Visual Voicemail feature really is. While the feature itself has not been discontinued, all of our value packs have been. The iPhone Visual Voicemail has therefore been grandfathered. The Live Chat representative provided you with the correct information.

Value Packs are no longer available to Rogers wireless customers, unless you are already subscribed to an existing Value Pack on your account. If you currently have a Value Pack, you should still have all the features it included. If you are an existing customer without a Value Pack, you are no longer able to add one to your wireless account.

For more information, please visit this page.

RogersMaude

justywusty
I've been here awhile
So it’s now impossible to add Visual Voicemail on Rogers? 🙃 Fun. I was just going to upgrade to it.
Topic Stats