cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone - Issues With Group Texts and MMS to Android

fastfreddy1414
I've been here awhile

I've been having this issue for years now and I still have not been able to find a solution. Both my wife and I have the same issue with an iPhone 7 and an iPhone 11 with latest OS on both 14.4. This is using default Message application on my iPhone. 

#1 I am unable to send any pictures to anyone with an Android phone. Doesn't matter what I do to settings on my iPhone I keep getting a message "Not Delivered" error. 

#2 When in a group chat with an Android device, I can't reply unless I turn MMS Messaging to OFF. Then when the MMS messages are OFF the group texts come in through individual messages instead of in the group chat. This is extremely frustrating since I don't know where the message is being sent to. So I basically have to turn off MMS, send my reply, then turn it back on. There's got to be a better option than this. 

I've reset the network settings checked the APN and everything else. Seems like the fix might be to enter specific information for MMS messaging but my iPhone doesn't have those options in the network settings or the message settings. 

Has anyone figured this out without using third party applications!!! This is 2021 people!

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: iPhone - Issues With Group Texts and MMS to Android

RogersCorey

Hello @fastfreddy1414!

Welcome to our Community! I hope you're doing well today.

My name is Corey and I'm here to help with your group texting concern.

To send picture messages to a non-iPhone, your MMS settings must be turned on.

Check this official link here for instructions: Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

However, all of the users, including the Android, needs to be included when you initially create the group.

You can’t add or remove people from a group conversation if one of the users in the group text is using a non-Apple device. To add or remove someone, you need to start a new group conversation.

I would recommend that you try starting a brand new group chat with everyone included from scratch and make sure your MMS settings are on when you do so. If people have been added or removed since you first started the chat, that might be the culprit behind the issues you're experiencing. It sounds like you have a group SMS chat set up instead of MMS based on the behaviour you're describing.

Regards,

RogersCorey

That did solve my group chat issue though it is still very frustrating that it does not work seamlessly. My other issue with not being able to send any pictures to anyone with an android phone is still occuring though. I haven't been able to find a fix for that. 

I've tried turning off iMessage, turning off group messaging and I still can't send a picture to Android phones. This is a major source of frustration. 

Good day @fastfreddy1414,

Thank you for your reply! Sorry to hear this has not resolved your issue with picture messages sent to Android devices. Can you make sure your data transmissions are enabled? This is mandatory to send MMS.

Are you using an unlocked device? You may need to update your APN settings. You can view your APN settings in one of the following locations:

• Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

To change your settings, tap each field and enter the details you'll find below. The settings should save automatically. Unless you're using a configuration profile, updating iOS resets any changes made to your APN settings. You might need to reenter your settings after an iOS update.

Here is how to program your Access Point Name (APN) settings :

MMS Gateway Address : 172.25.0.107

MMSChttp://mms.gprs.rogers.com

MMS Proxy :mmsproxy.rogers.com

MMS Port : 80

APN Type : internet + mms

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 🙂

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation