iPhone 8 Plus - Can not make outgoing calls, internet still works

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: iPhone 8 Plus - Can not make outgoing calls, internet still works

Hello again @jvosbourgh514,

Thanks so much for elaborating on what is going on. We'd like to review the notes on your file and see what has been done thus far before we proceed. Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started on this for you.

If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please check out our BLOG.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pretty weird situation. I’ve never heard of a connected Apple Watch causing call failures on an iPhone. I think the problem is more with the iPhone than the Apple Watch or the fact that it’s connected to the phone. If the SIM card has been swapped I’d reset the network settings on the phone as a next step.

To confirm, if the LTE on the watch is turned off, calls to/from the iPhone go through without issue? And then when LTE on the watch is turned on the calls fail? Definitely an odd situation.

I've Been Here Awhile

Correct calls work fine when LTE is turned off and not when it is turned on. The network has been reset multiple times, each time I call in that is their solution. Over private message RogersMaude has informed me that they have now sent the signal to my SIM again. I will try it for a while and let you know if problem reoccurs. Thanks 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Has this been happening since the initial watch setup and LTE activation on the Rogers network?

I've Been Here Awhile

No not until a while after, probably a month in
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,
I wanted to update this forum as the same issue occurred again in December. Instead of going back to Rogers to get a new SIM card, I went to Apple and they ran diagnostics on my phone and determined that something was not properly working. I ended up getting a new iPhone 8 as it was still within the 1 year period.
Just thought I’d update this to let people know that it may be something wrong with the actual phone.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jvosbourgh514  this is a super weird issue.

If it were me, I'd be unlinking the watch from the phone (including unlinking the Rogers LTE account first) and then re-syncing the watch to the phone (including re-linking the LTE data plan).  Other than that, resetting your network settings would be another step I'd take.

If that doesn't sort it....a trip to the Apple Genius Bar hopefully will.