iPhone 6s not sending or receiving photos (text message)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 6s not sending or receiving photos (text message)

My wife has a 6s and I have Android (S8) and we noticed that this past week she could not send or receive photos via text.  I think it still works for her using iMessage but cross platform or group messages don't seem to.   I checked that she has MMS enabled and rebooted the phone to see if that did anything but no luck.  Maybe she is running out of space but it seemed like there was still 5+GB. She uses Google Photos to automatically back up but it doesn't seem to delete the local copy (like mine does), is that because she is not backing up to her Apple account?

Any other settings I should check?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: iPhone 6s not sending or receiving photos (text message)

Good day @davej13,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

I understand that being unable to send or receive MMS can definitely cause some inconveniences. We look forward to assist you in the resolution of this issue.

In order to help you resolve the problem, we’ll need more information from you (and your wife’s phone/line).

• Does she have data included in her plan?
  • Was it previously functional between both phones or it’s a device you just started using?

The storage left or the back up to Google Photos should not be reasons why it is currently not functional.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

We have a shared data plan with lots of data left and we have been using these phones for a while now, she's had hers just over a year and I've had mine since November.

Thank you so much for your reply @davej13!

Have you tried to exchange multimedia messages with another Android user? 

We want to be able to identify whether the issue is happening with your lines or if the problem resides within the iOS device.

You mentioned you made sure that MMS was enabled and rebooted the phone. Did you reset the network setttings?

To reset the network settings on your iPhone, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings, enter your passcode, and tap Reset Network Settings.

Try sending another test message after the iPhone reboots to see if the problem was resolved.

Let us know!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, she somehow had turned off cellular data. Case closed, thanks for the input.