iPhone 6 Plus - Travel to UK/Europe

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 6 Plus - Travel to UK/Europe

I have a question if anyone can help me out...

I have an iPhone 6 Plus which is currently locked to Rogers (I will unlock it, and meet the 90 day requirement), and I am travelling to England and a few European Union countries in May and June. I was wondering if my iPhone 6 Plus will work on their networks if I purchase an English SIM card? I thought for some reason that Rogers was only on 900 and 900 MHz, and UK/Europe use 850 and 1800, however, I found this information below on the Rogers website under the iPhone 6 Plus specifications page, and wanted to make sure it was accurate: 

Connectivity:
GSM/EDGE Bands:
850/900/1800/1900 MHz

HSPA+/HSPA Bands:
850/900/1700/2100/1900/2100 MHz

LTE Bands:
700/1700 MHz

So, according to this, the iPhone 6 Plus I have from Rogers is actually quad-band, does anyone know if this is accurate or have you travelled on an international sim in your Rogers iPhone 6 Plus?

Thank you!

***Edited Labels***
Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: iPhone 6 Plus - Travel to UK/Europe

Hello @bryanfoster87  Welcome to the CommunitySmiley Happy

I can confirm that this information is accurate! I personally have never visited Europe with my iPhone 6 and tested out another carriers sim card. We do have a lot of customer who travel to Europe and roam on their networks. So you should be fine!

Can anyone in the community comment on using iPhone 6 in Europe?

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bryanfoster87 & RogersAsif

That is correct!. The iPhone 6 will work in most European carriers. As above the information is the same that Rogers has so i see no reason why it should not work. My friend has gone to Ireland & England & worked just fine there.

Hope that helps!:)
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Something to look into before heading to Europe is the ROAM Like home ... which is also now ava. in Europe... this could be a solution instead of changing and worrying about SIN cards!