iPhone 5s FaceTime issue - Carrier or phone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 5s FaceTime issue - Carrier or phone?

I have experienced a very strange issue where my iPhone 5s will not FaceTime while I'm away for work. Where I work I have no cell service only wifi. Others can FaceTime with equalivant phones so it's not a wifi security block. I have done every recommendation from Apple including a full wipe and restore of all content and settings and nothing. I can put my phone on airplane mode at home and it will work facetiming others but not at work... Is it Rogers Carrier issue? Or is my phone just stupid? Has anyone else heard of this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Re: iPhone 5s FaceTime issue - Carrier or phone?

Hi @Calvin_C

Welcome to the Community!

Very strange issue indeedSmiley Frustrated It is kinda weird that facetime works everywhere except for your work wifi network. I have never seen a similar report.

I see that you stated the phone has been factory reset to its default state. When you completed the factory reset, did you restore from your old back up? If so, the backup could contain some corrupted settings/files which are causing the issue.

Have you tried forgetting the Wi-Fi network in the settings, then reconnecting the network? What exactly happens when you try and make the facetime call while on the Wi-Fi network?

Also Facetime runs through Apple's network. Rogers only provide you with the connection(wireless/hardwired) to reach apple services. If you don't experience any other Internet issues, it would be considered a device or Facetime issue.

Feel free to chime in with some suggestions CommunitySmiley Happy

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your guidance. I have forgotten another weird part that made me think it was a network block - I can FaceTime with another person at work when I am at work. I have not tried facetiming work while at home. I will try that. I have tried forgetting the wifi network and even logged onto a different network while at work. The FaceTime attempts to connect by ringing somebody but once the call tries to connect it won't succeed. That's in both directions as well - myself to family and family to me. I've asked friends to attempt calling me as well and they can't connect either. I think you may be right about it being a corruption issue.
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Wow, yes that makes thing even more weird Smiley Tongue

Keep the Community posted on the outcome!

RogersAsif