iPhone 5S without data

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone 5S without data

I'm thinking about buying an iPhone 5S and using it without data.  Will it work function for phone calls and text messages?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 5S without data

Hello JohnnyAction

You can get a iPhone or any device & use it without data BUT you won't be able to access apps that use data like emails, gaming that use data, weather & such.

Making phone calls & text messaging is not a problem without data. So yes it will work 🙂
Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

Hi @JohnnyAction thank you for your post!

Yes what @Meowmix stated is 100% correct. You will be able to access any feature that does not use/need a data connection (unless you connect to wifi) Just to add to the above list, you would not be able to send or receive iMessages you would only have access to regular text messaging.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersMichaelB

That is correct! Forgot to mention that! You won't be able to use iMessage or BBM or any social media app for that matter unless you are connected to WiFi. Regular Text messages & Calls will go through without any issues as they do not use data at all.

I would also make sure to turn OFF data on your iPhone so that way you do not access the internet or any app that uses data without knowing even tho they send u a text message its still a good thing to do!

I've Been Here Awhile

Excellent.  That's what I had hoped.  Thank you very much!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JohnnyAction

You are very welcome! 🙂
Retired Moderator RogersMichaelB
Retired Moderator

@JohnnyAction you’re welcome! and thank you for being a part of the community Smiley Happy