iPhone 4 locked to Rogers Carrier

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: iPhone 4 locked to Rogers Carrier

I can confirm that rogers will also not unlock an iphone even if I the contract is transferred to someone else

and I longer am with them, basically you have a $500 paperweight or you have to by another plan through rogers.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is because anyone can transfer the line to someone else and claim they do not know them. Tansfering a line does not show you finished thr contract you had. All u did was give someone else the plan and and the contract.
I've Been Here Awhile

I feel this unlocking policy was a good thing for rogers to retain existing customers. I have been dealing rogers over the years and i am extremely dissatisfied with their customer service, but they are huge company an deal with thousands of calls every day so i see the reality of what it is.

I can confirm that rogers will unlock iphones but just a meowmix has stated certain conditions have to be met. They unlocked an iphone 3g for me and confirmed that another iphone 3g was whitelisted. I have a mature contract right now up for renewal in may 2012 some time. My account is in good standing. And the last condition is that there has to be no outstanding contract on the phone in question. I will try to get there unlocking department to unlock an iphone 4 that i just recently purchased off of kijiji but i have a feeling that this phone is tied to a contract. Maybe i can get apple to unlock it because i have a bill of sale.

I've Been Here Awhile

They did unlock an iphone 4 32g for me 2 days ago. I told them the situation (phone bought off kijiji, no idea of history of phone)

So i told him that this phone might be tied to a contract and that would be the only limiting factor that would not allow for unlocking

under their policy. He told me it has more to do with the how your account stands with rogers. And they did unlock it (via IMEI Whitelisting)

1. My contract with rogers is a mature 3 year contract. Up for renewal.

2. My account is in good standing. No outstanding balance.

I've Been Around

Hi, I'm Radomir from Serbia I boat iphone 4  from a guy who lived fyu mount's in Canada..

So the iPhone 4 is locked to Rogers carrier..

I traid everthing to unlock it, I'm wiling to pay for unlock.. 

So please help me.. 😕 

Sorry for bad English and thank's for understanding! 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers will NOT unlock your iPhone because the phone was not bought from a Rogers store & is not active on a Rogers account. Please read the many threads that are made about this & the help i & others have said.
I've Been Here Awhile

Im in VietNam and i need someone help to unlock my ip4 Roger Ca.i'm very sad for a long time to find way via Custumer Care.please help my phone.
please message

***edited for content***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers can not help you. As i am sure you can read threw the thread, that the phone will not be unlocked by Rogers because you never bought it straight from Rogers.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

To those who have phones locked to Rogers who live overseas:  Just wanted to clarify something for you.  The issue at hand is that Rogers needs a reliable way to collect the $50 for the unlock.

If you want to unlock a phone, you need an account with Rogers and the phone needs to be off-contract.  Why?  Cause they need an account to bill the $50 to.

Options:

1) Sign up for a Rogers account.  You can sign up for 1 day and get pay as you go if you want.  You just need an account.  Phone in and pay $50 which will be billed to the account and you're good.  You do need Canadian ID or a Canadian SIN to get a Rogers account, which is probably a barrier in most of these cases.

2) Find somebody else with an account and get them to phone in for you.  Anybody with a Rogers account can unlock ANY iphone locked to Rogers as long as the contract is over and paid up, and they pay $50.

I Plan to Stick Around

Forget to correct one other misconception:  You do not need to be the original owner of the phone.  You just need to have a Rogers account.  Rogers confirmed this for me a few minutes ago by phone.  However, if the contract originally attached to that phone is still active, or if the original owner cancelled early but never paid the ECF, then no dice.