cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS/iPhone - How to block people from leaving a voicemail

Answers
I've been around

I have an iPhone 6 and would like to know how to keep people from leaving a voicemail.

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iOS/iPhone - How to block people from leaving a voicemail

RogersMaude

Good evening @Answers,

Welcome to the Forums!

Have you thought about deactivating the voicemail feature?

The voicemail function normally comes with our plans, however, you can get in touch with us to have it tuned off.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dont know if you can block them from leaving a VM.

You can block them from contacting you all together.. but not sure about only VM

RogersMaude

Good evening @Answers,

Welcome to the Forums!

Have you thought about deactivating the voicemail feature?

The voicemail function normally comes with our plans, however, you can get in touch with us to have it tuned off.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Can you just let the mail box fill up if don't want to cancel the service? 

Re: Blocking VM messages from specific number?

I'm having the same issue. I'm using an iPhone. 

Hello @GrumpyJack

Welcome to the Community 🙂

Unwanted voicemail messages can be inconvenient for sure. Currently, we do not offer a feature that would prevent specific numbers from leaving you a voice message. However, if voicemail is not a feature you frequently use, you do have the option of removing it. 

If this a route you would like to pursue, send us a PM @CommunityHelps and we can remove the voicemail feature from your particular number on your account.

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page.

Regards, 

RogersAli

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm on a PAYGo plan and since it costs me airtime to pick up voicemails, I opted out of voicemail many years ago.   I'm on the grandfathered Anytime PAYGo plan. 

It is not possible to "selectively" remove voicemail from certain numbers or blocks of numbers - voicemail is either on or off.  In order to turn the voicemail feature off, you need to contact Rogers and one of the ways to contact them is via PM as outlined above.

I can still see who called (call display) and I can decide if/when I wish to return the call or contact them by other means.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

Can you just let the mail box fill up if don't want to cancel the service? 

I don't believe that would work.  Voicemails are only kept for 10 days. Once deleted, there would be room for more voicemails.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/how-do-i-retrieve-delete-or-save-my-wireless-voicema...

Hi Community!

I just want to echo that @57 is correct here. There is no way to selectively block people from leaving you a voicemail.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that Visual Voicemail is a way to get around the 10-day storage limit! Just a tip from a fellow iPhone user that has way too many voicemails stored on his phone.

Regards,

RogersCorey

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

@57 wrote:

I'm on a PAYGo plan and since it costs me airtime to pick up voicemails, I opted out of voicemail many years ago.   I'm on the grandfathered Anytime PAYGo plan. 

Just wanted to add in here that to the best of my knowledge on the pay as you go side of things you also have to pay  the airtime for when  the other caller  LEAVES the message as well as when you pick up the message .

viase
I've been around
Rogers can’t handle requests to modernize voicemail, there’s not been a significant change to voicemail in many many many years, really since it was introduced, why would they even dare such a necessary and practical feature, in this the year 2021!!
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 in conversation