iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Hi guys
I have a 6s+ like MM and that is working fine on wifi calling. But my other iPhones (a 6s and a 5s) all on SE plans are not working. I get the "contact your carrier" message. These were freshly ported in last week so none of those features are enabled. Any help is appreciated.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was having the same issue with my new 6s.  I contacted technical support through live chat and they had to disable my rogers one number account for it to work.  I had already deleted the app but the entire account had to be disabled.  I don't know if there is a way to do that without technical support doing that.  I am sure there is.  Anyway, he said it would take 24 hours once he had disabled it and sure enough the next morning it worked perfectly. 

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Phillipsjonny,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Community! Smiley Happy

The Rogers One Number and Wi-Fi calling are not compatible on the same line. We also have a helpful Wi-Fi Calling vs. Rogers One posted by one of our Community members @wai_613, you can click here to check it out.

Also for @jackthecompguy when a "contact your carrier" message is received using any option provided by the carrier, this normally indicates the option in the plan is missing a feature, not compatible or not meeting the eligibility requirements. We can definitely look into that for you, just let us know.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I'm a Regular

Thanks guys. But like i said, these are all new lines (1 ported in early Sept, other last week) and RON hasn't been set up at all. My line which has been on Rogers for about a year on the other hand works flawlessly on WiFi calling.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @jackthecompguy,

I understand you have iPhones (a 6s and a 5s) not working with Wi-Fi calling, we can definitely look into this for you. I may need to access your account, I've already sent you a private message from our @CommunityHelps inbox. When you are logged into the forums, please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks,
RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Arthur, I too have not been able to activate wifi calling, keeps saying to call carrier. I don't have Rogers one number. Can you help ?? Thanks.
I've Been Here Awhile

I've just had my WiFi calling enabled but when in WiFi Rogers mode on my iPhone 6S plus it doesn't allow me to send or receive texts to non-iPhone users. iMessage works that makes sense since its data anyway but something must be wrong with normal texts in wifi calling mode. Anyone else have this issue or is it a setup issue on Rogers end?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @StevePhone

My iPhone 6S Plus works just fine on Rogers WiFi Calling. Maybe it's something with your account or maybe u need to reset ur device and see if that will fix it?
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Meowmix,

Are you certain you are SMS'ing a non-iMessage user while in Rogers WiFi mode (switch airplane mode on, switch wifi on)?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @StevePhone

Yes u am. Most of my co-workers and friends have Android so it works just fine when connected to WiFi Calling with Rogers