iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

We're so happy you were able to get your issue resolved @LitlLdy,Smiley Happy thanks for updating the Community.

RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

my phones wifi calling is active but its never went on, with bell in my basement wifi calling use to kick in but not with rogers in my basement low signal it doesnt kick in

Good evening @Fearme,

Sorry for the late reply Smiley Embarassed

If you have trouble activating the Wi-Fi Calling feature, you can try using Apple’s support page.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with MMS services such as picture and video messages, which means you may not be able to send or receive MMS while on Wi-Fi Calling. We are working to fix this issue as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

In addition, customers with select features and services, including any of the following, will not have access to Wi-Fi Calling:

• Data blocking
  • Ringback tunes
  • Advanced Call Manager
  • Teletypewriter
  • Rogers One NumberTM

Are you using any of the services above? 

You’ll need to remove these features if you wish to enable Wi-Fi Calling on a compatible phone.

Are you using a Rogers device? Does the IMEI of your phone appear on your account?

I assumed you checked your Settings to ensure Wi-Fi calling was turned on/activated.

Are you getting an error message when trying to use Wi-Fi calling?

Let us know, we would love to provide you with further assistance in regards to this! Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

Hi,

After more than 5 hours on the phone with your support guys, and after 3 tickets, still the same problem... can't activate my Wi-Fi calls on my IPhone 6.

I'm having the same issue then a lot of people here... But on my side, after turning the switch on, and after pressing on the "Activate" button, I'm getting a first pop-up, which dissapears after 500 milliseconds, to reappear immediatly after. Both pop-up are saying : "To allow Wi-Fi calling on this account, contact Rogers". 

I tried my sim card on a friend's iphone (his iphone was working well with rogers wi-fi calling), and after rebooting his phone with MY sim, the exact same problems appears (first pop-up dissapearing)

When I placed his SIM card in MY phone, the wifi calling activated normally (don't even need to reboot the phone). 

So, in contrary to what everybody in your service is saying... the PROBLEM IS NOT MY PHONE... it's on your side!! I had rogers one number before, and it was working well. Now that you deactivated one number to allow wi-fi calling... I can't even place calls from home because poor cellular signal. 

Please help!

Hello, @gba

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your detailed post. I'm sorry for all the troubles you are having in activating the WiFi Calling feature. I appreciate all the troubleshooting done especially trying your SIM in another phone and vice-versa. Based on all the steps tried it sounds like the issue is account specific. 

I've seen some issues getting resolved by trying a new SIM, have you tried this step yet?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

It's funny, I had Wi-Fi calling working on my iPhone 6 for months. In February I got an iPhone 6s Plus and couldn't get it to work. Rogers told my that because I upgraded - upgraded, on a contract with Rogers - my iPhone at Apple and didn't get it from a Rogers corporately owned store that Wi-Fi calling doesn't work and is not supported. Yeah ok. Eventually advanced tech support got it working in the back end, but they continued to stick with their statement that even if its on a contract from an authorized retailer, if it isn't from Rogers stores exclusively than Wi-Fi calling isn't supported. Which makes zero sense if you understand how iPhones work with carriers.

Even still, it's a bit finicky. Sometimes still I have to flip it off and then back on for it to actually change to "Rogers Wi-Fi." I'll be sitting on my couch and connected to Wi-Fi with full signal strength and it just says Rogers and isn't using Wi-Fi calling, so I have to turn off Wi-Fi Calling in settings and then back on and it'll switch. Maybe one day they'll make it work properly.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, if you read my posts on what I've been put through you'd really shake your head.  I had a lot of problems getting my wi-fi calling activated and working when I signed up with Rogers. Many of the Rogers employees told me wi-fi calling was no longer available on any carriers to my plan or phone (bought from apple) won't work with it. None of which was true. The issue was on their end not mine. 

Now that it's fixed on their end I have the same problem as you now and then but once I reset my network settings and reboot my phone then connect to my Internet again wi-fi calling works again. Not sure why it stops working but I've missed calls and text. 

@EtaCarinae wrote:
It's funny, I had Wi-Fi calling working on my iPhone 6 for months. In February I got an iPhone 6s Plus and couldn't get it to work. Rogers told my that because I upgraded - upgraded, on a contract with Rogers - my iPhone at Apple and didn't get it from a Rogers corporately owned store that Wi-Fi calling doesn't work and is not supported. Yeah ok. Eventually advanced tech support got it working in the back end, but they continued to stick with their statement that even if its on a contract from an authorized retailer, if it isn't from Rogers stores exclusively than Wi-Fi calling isn't supported. Which makes zero sense if you understand how iPhones work with carriers.

Even still, it's a bit finicky. Sometimes still I have to flip it off and then back on for it to actually change to "Rogers Wi-Fi." I'll be sitting on my couch and connected to Wi-Fi with full signal strength and it just says Rogers and isn't using Wi-Fi calling, so I have to turn off Wi-Fi Calling in settings and then back on and it'll switch. Maybe one day they'll make it work properly.

I Plan to Stick Around

Now I am having issues again. I moved to an area in August where I have cell phone signal so no longer need W-Fi calling so Rogers removed Wi-Fi calling. Then in September I was offered a deal for Internet, TV and Home Phone Bundle so I ported my Cell phone number to have Home Phone. I ended up needing a cell Phone so switched back 2 months later (November 2nd). Now they tell me with the same plan that I had and now have Wi-Fi calling will not work! They said I need a data plan for Wi-Fi calling to work. Even though I never had a data plan before and it worked for a year that I had it. I have no idea why they say I need a data plan in order for Wi-Fi calling to work when I never needed it previously and Wi-Fi calling needs Wi-Fi in order to work not Data.

Hi @LitlLdy

Thank you for posting in the Community forums.  

I can understand how much of an inconvenience this must be, however since this is account specific, we'll have to discuss this privately to review your options.  Please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can take a look into your account. 

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, I thought  would update the status.

They have tried everything from having me reset my network settings to completely wiping my phone and setting it up as new, more then one time, along with having me change my plan to one that included data which cost more! Which none of that worked. I am now back to talk and text only plan. After a month of Tech support trying to activate Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone it now finally works. They said it was a conflict caused by the temporary number not being fully deleted from one of their data bases which is exactly what I kept asking them this whole time! It had nothing to do with not having a plan that included data or the phone not being purchased from Rogers. They worked very hard on this and I had already given up by now. I am happy it was on their end again and not mine Smiley Happy I am very pleased now. I appreciate them not giving up and this is how we learn knowledge by not giving up to know how to fix the problem if someone else experiences it Smiley Happy 

@LitlLdy wrote:

Now I am having issues again. I moved to an area in August where I have cell phone signal so no longer need W-Fi calling so Rogers removed Wi-Fi calling. Then in September I was offered a deal for Internet, TV and Home Phone Bundle so I ported my Cell phone number to have Home Phone. I ended up needing a cell Phone so switched back 2 months later (November 2nd). Now they tell me with the same plan that I had and now have Wi-Fi calling will not work! They said I need a data plan for Wi-Fi calling to work. Even though I never had a data plan before and it worked for a year that I had it. I have no idea why they say I need a data plan in order for Wi-Fi calling to work when I never needed it previously and Wi-Fi calling needs Wi-Fi in order to work not Data.