iOS 9 wifi calling issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iOS 9 wifi calling issue

I also gave them my IMEI number and it still did not work. They also asked me to do what another said they had to do.

Turn Off my Wifi

Reset Network Settings (Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings)

Once phone restarted connect to wifi again and set up wifi calling.

That didnt work for me. Smiley Sad I am trying and I have talked to so many people through tech support on the phone and through chat that I am really getting fed up. 

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @LitlLdy

What error message are you getting when attempting to activate Wifi Calling?

Have you read our How-To's Post for Wifi-Calling? It has good information and also has compatiblity requirements.

In regards to RogersOne Number, as stated on the How-To guide, it can not be active at the same time as Wifi Calling.

Cheers,

RogersShakir

I Plan to Stick Around

I was aware of what was required before I switched to Rogers. They are the ones that set up the account and plan required to have wi-fi calling.

I attached message below, I did contact them many many times which shows in my previous messages on here along with the reasons why it did not get activated.

Yes, I am well aware they can not be activated at the same time. I did not try to.

Retired Moderator RogersShakir
Retired Moderator

Hey @LitlLdy,

Thank you for the clarification,

I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums or click here: http://bit.ly/YourInbox

Thanks,
RogersShakir

I Plan to Stick Around

After speaking to at least 20 tech support people between on the phone and chat its highly unlikely that one on here can fix what the 20 others that work for Rogers could not fix.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the same problem with this feature on my wife's iPhone. I have not called in yet but tried all the steps listed in this entire thread.

I Plan to Stick Around

I hope that you're experience is much better then mine when you do call tech support. Please let me know how it goes. I wonder if it is possible that we have a defective sim?

Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @LitlLdy,

I can definitely understand the inconveniences of your situation and just wanted to jump in here to add my insight. You've made a valuable point in regards to possible defective SIM card. It's always recommended to troubleshoot before calling into technical support again, I've seen cases where the Wi-Fi calling works perfectly fine then stops working for no reason or stops working after restoring the iPhone, with the same message prompting the user to contact the carrier. I normally suggest trying process of elimination where's it's either a setting in the device, the device itself, the SIM card or something in the account. If possible testing your SIM card in another Rogers device is a quick way to eliminate or see if it's an issue with the device.

If you have already went over the How To & FAQs: iOS 9 WiFi Calling. For @Pauly or those of you in the community receiving the "contact your carrier "error message for Wi-Fi calling. Please send us a Private Message to  @CommunityHelps. You can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

RogersArthur

I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried everything possible that I can think of and have researched before contacting them. I don't have another rogers device to see if my sim will behave different in it. I am not tech support, it is their job to trouble shoot issues with their service. I am not the only person having this issue. There are many other people having this same problem. I have never had Wi-Fi calling with Rogers or any other service with Rogers. I just signed up for an account with them 2 days ago.

I have already replied to messages from @CommunityHelps one hour ago. I am waiting for a response back from the information I provided to someone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Since its new phone contract, you might still be within the return policy depending on the conditions. I say return it. Do another contract with a new iPhone. Don't leave the store without wifi calling working. If they said it takes 24 hours for the feature to activate, tell them you'll pickup the phone the next day.